Latest boxing crack

Be fun fight like. Only because I reckon josh couldn’t resist trading...

Wouldn't mind it as much if Kelly hadn't just puled out of the Avanesyan fight twice, the Benn fight will undoubtedly raise his profile but in terms of his development that's a massive step back from Avanesyan. If it does happen I just hope it happens next and Matchroom don't have Kelly pissing about for the next 6-12 months in fights that'll do nowt for him in the meantime.

Also seen that Ritson is defending the British belt against Andy Townend on the O2 bill in March. Townend can seriously whack at domestic level but would be massively surprised if it's anything other than a Ritson win inside 3 or 4

Reminded me a lot of the Lewis Ritson fight against Patera. Underestimated their opponent and had no plan B when they realised their power wasn't all that

Valdez Warrington next would be good
Nah. Ritson and Cheeseman just arent that good. Fan friendly fighters with little to no defence.

Remember when Barry Hearn said the reason they turned down £50m to fight in the US was the judges. :lol::lol:

Now they're putting on a fight that no one is interested in, where he'll be earning a lot less. No doubt it will be a 4.30am start on Box Office over here too. Those 2 sides make it up as they go along.

Remember when Barry Hearn said the reason they turned down £50m to fight in the US was the judges. :lol::lol:

Now they're putting on a fight that no one is interested in, where he'll be earning a lot less. No doubt it will be a 4.30am start on Box Office over here too. Those 2 sides make it up as they go along.

The same £50m offer that never existed according to Eddie and Joshua... :lol:

As much as people have rightly knocked Wilder's list of opposition throughout his career Ortiz and Fury x 2 back-to-back is a better run than Joshua has put together at any point in his career

The same £50m offer that never existed according to Eddie and Joshua... :lol:

As much as people have rightly knocked Wilder's list of opposition throughout his career Ortiz and Fury x 2 back-to-back is a better run than Joshua has put together at any point in his career
Yep. Can’t knock that at all.
But on balance overall I can’t knock aj either, it’s more Eddie constantly in the media talking and talking does aj no favours .
Give him a US intro, fair enough I reckon.

Then stfu and make fights not interested in all the bollocks, Keep that for the biography .

Yep. Can’t knock that at all.
But on balance overall I can’t knock aj either, it’s more Eddie constantly in the media talking and talking does aj no favours .
Give him a US intro, fair enough I reckon.

Then stfu and make fights not interested in all the bollocks, Keep that for the biography .
Eddy hearns seems more bothered about his own profile than those boxers he's representing. He's become the cartoon character of the boxing world..

Eddy hearns seems more bothered about his own profile than those boxers he's representing. He's become the cartoon character of the boxing world..
I think that’s whats irritating me... don’t want to blame the boxers but it’s the whole ted cheeseman headlining the o2 card shit.
Eddie and Adam giving ex matchroom fighters jobs as pundits at sky.

Feels jobs for the boys.
Overall the bloke is a fantatastic promoter and secured some great paydays but fuck me, put the twitter down for a bit.

And surprise surprise Yarde vs Amar is off and he's in with what looks to be yet another no-hoper. Speaks volumes of all involved in Yarde's camp that it genuinely would have been more of a surprise if the fight had gone ahead
Frank needs to sort his shit out with yarde. Had some massive cards last 18 months to showcase.

Almost like there’s a rabbit away

Anyone know what Josh Kelly’s next move is gonna be ? In camp but not fight announced
They’re talking up a Connor Benn fight, which I think would be pointless. That would be easy work for Josh.

I wonder why Avenesyan ended up pulling out? His team have said Kelly and co. have been unprofessional in the last few months.

Maybe JK and his team don’t fancy that much of a step up so soon.

Frank needs to sort his shit out with yarde. Had some massive cards last 18 months to showcase.

Almost like there’s a rabbit away
I just don’t get it. Why doesn’t he fight one of the British lads? Go after a proper belt like the commonwealth, or European. I’d never heard of Mehdi Amar to be honest, this replacement fight is laughable.

They’re talking up a Connor Benn fight, which I think would be pointless. That would be easy work for Josh.

I wonder why Avenesyan ended up pulling out? His team have said Kelly and co. have been unprofessional in the last few months.

I just don’t get it. Why doesn’t he fight one of the British lads? Go after a proper belt like the commonwealth, or European. I’d never heard of Mehdi Amar to be honest, this replacement fight is laughable.
David Avanesyan is fighting Kerman Lejarraga for the European now.

Fuck knows what's happening with Kelly, his career is stagnating at the moment and he's so many levels above Benn it's laughable. Worse than when they held up Luke Campbell's career for a year to fight an obvious mismatch with Coyle.

As much as Hearn is a prick and I'm not going to defend him, that offer never existed. Wilders team basically used what Joshua had said in the press against him to make it look like he was the one ducking. Wilders team put a daft time limit on the offer which was made through the media, then refused to speak to Joshua's representatives. That's not how you make an offer ffs.

Yarde talking about Kovalev only temporarily holding the belt but this time next year he'll still be fighting opponents on 2 weeks notice.
David Avanesyan is fighting Kerman Lejarraga for the European now.

Fuck knows what's happening with Kelly, his career is stagnating at the moment and he's so many levels above Benn it's laughable. Worse than when they held up Luke Campbell's career for a year to fight an obvious mismatch with Coyle.

As much as Hearn is a prick and I'm not going to defend him, that offer never existed. Wilders team basically used what Joshua had said in the press against him to make it look like he was the one ducking. Wilders team put a daft time limit on the offer which was made through the media, then refused to speak to Joshua's representatives. That's not how you make an offer ffs.
Just going off what they have said themselves. Eddie and Joshua say the offer never existed, Barry Hearn says it did. FWIW, I think Joshua wants the fight but Eddie and Matchroom would rather take the easier defences knowing they'll be making money regardless. He's arguably the stables only 'star' now Brook's stock has fallen and Froch retired.
Has Joshua sorted who he is fighting in April yet lads?
Sure I saw 1st or 8th June mentioned for Jarrell Miller

Anyone know what Josh Kelly’s next move is gonna be ? In camp but not fight announced
Kelly mentioned on his twitter a few weeks ago that he was looking to be fighting early April. Could've been the Wembley card on the 13th that looks to have been scrapped.

Looks like things aren't too rosy in the Sky - Matchroom camp at the moment.

Adam Smith has had a word about the standard of regular Sky cards of late and there definitely does seem to be a conflict of interests in the DAZN partnership. Sky obviously do get the Matchroom USA content to add to their portfolio, but it's clearly not the same when the shows are between 2-6am and not 7-11pm. There's no excuse at all for that card that we just had on Saturday and if Hearn wants to keep sending his fighters to America - he's talking about stacking that potential AJ-Miller card (will probably have Crolla and Campbell in world title fights they can't win on the undercard), then Okolie vs bum, Cash vs bum and Ted Cheeseman headlining is certainly not cutting the mustard for Sky's subscribers.

The 2 Sky cards in late March are a bit better and the intentions are there to have a better show, but Buatsi, Okolie and Edwards are all like 1/50 in their respective fights, so huge favourites and the only potential actual fight is Ritson vs Townend and even then, Ritson is a big favourite and should absolutely be winning if he's got any sort of promising future in the sport.

There's been a couple of recent interesting IFL TV videos about it. Wonder if ultimately we'll get DAZN over here?

Looks like things aren't too rosy in the Sky - Matchroom camp at the moment.

Adam Smith has had a word about the standard of regular Sky cards of late and there definitely does seem to be a conflict of interests in the DAZN partnership. Sky obviously do get the Matchroom USA content to add to their portfolio, but it's clearly not the same when the shows are between 2-6am and not 7-11pm. There's no excuse at all for that card that we just had on Saturday and if Hearn wants to keep sending his fighters to America - he's talking about stacking that potential AJ-Miller card (will probably have Crolla and Campbell in world title fights they can't win on the undercard), then Okolie vs bum, Cash vs bum and Ted Cheeseman headlining is certainly not cutting the mustard for Sky's subscribers.

The 2 Sky cards in late March are a bit better and the intentions are there to have a better show, but Buatsi, Okolie and Edwards are all like 1/50 in their respective fights, so huge favourites and the only potential actual fight is Ritson vs Townend and even then, Ritson is a big favourite and should absolutely be winning if he's got any sort of promising future in the sport.

There's been a couple of recent interesting IFL TV videos about it. Wonder if ultimately we'll get DAZN over here?
Smith helped create the monster he has now so he can fuck off anarl.

Ritson said on Twitter that it was Kelly who pulled out. They were planning on having that and Ritson vs Townend at the Arena but show got scrapped when Kelly opted out

Back