Latest boxing crack

canelo needs to get his conditioning right, cant afford to gas out after 6 like he did against Bivol

I think that was more a result of him only throwing massive power shots, but actually getting twatted back by a bigger fighter tbf. I don't doubt the asthma medication is right near the BBQ seasoning on standby, though.

I think that was more a result of him only throwing massive power shots, but actually getting twatted back by a bigger fighter tbf. I don't doubt the asthma medication is right near the BBQ seasoning on standby, though.
He needs to stop the vegan bullshit like he tried for the Bicol fight ! He needs to be be eating clean meat as I think it did have an effect in the fight

He needs to stop the vegan bullshit like he tried for the Bicol fight ! He needs to be be eating clean meat as I think it did have an effect in the fight

I really doubt that had a massive impact tbh. It's possible, but we're talking about highly in tune elite athletes here. The effects would've been noticed much earlier than the fight itself imo.

I used to be a big meat eater. I had a few years where I was a vegetarian and it didn't effect my competition performance. That was after I had finished boxing competitively also and was in a pure strength based sport. As long as the person/coach understands what needs to be added in order to compensate for what is missing (this is ofcourse the big if).

I really doubt that had a massive impact tbh. It's possible, but we're talking about highly in tune elite athletes here. The effects would've been noticed much earlier than the fight itself imo.

I used to be a big meat eater. I had a few years where I was a vegetarian and it didn't effect my competition performance. That was after I had finished boxing competitively also and was in a pure strength based sport. As long as the person/coach understands what needs to be added in order to compensate for what is missing (this is ofcourse the big if).
Interesting take and with background more than I can offer but you always hear in this debate about the different types of proteins and energies on offer from different foods types and how they influence the body in relation to sport and competition. Its always offered that plant based proteins and the like don't offer the energy release and a length and depth of energy like the more meat based proteins

Interesting take and with background more than I can offer but you always hear in this debate about the different types of proteins and energies on offer from different foods types and how they influence the body in relation to sport and competition. Its always offered that plant based proteins and the like don't offer the energy release and a length and depth of energy like the more meat based proteins

It's more a convenience thing. It's easier to get the amino acids that are most important to an athlete, in the quantities required, when eating meat. However, as long as some intelligent and diligent thought is put in to the alternative approach, you can cover all bases really.

I honestly think the issue with his gas tank the other week was more to do with him just getting hit by a bigger guy and seeing that his own shots weren't having the anticipated effects. Of course it's entirely plausible that he just didn't feel as great on the day(s)/week around the fight for various other reasons.

Once you do the slightest research, you quickly realise the "vegan doesn't work properly" argument is utter crap.

I used to think the same, but then you do even a small amount of reading the science.....

It's more a convenience thing. It's easier to get the amino acids that are most important to an athlete, in the quantities required, when eating meat. However, as long as some intelligent and diligent thought is put in to the alternative approach, you can cover all bases really.

I honestly think the issue with his gas tank the other week was more to do with him just getting hit by a bigger guy and seeing that his own shots weren't having the anticipated effects. Of course it's entirely plausible that he just didn't feel as great on the day(s)/week around the fight for various other reasons.
Listened to Hearn who went golfing with Canelo the day after, he asked him if camp went well -"it did" but Canelo told him he felt "tired" early in the fight.

Thats got to be either over trained or not getting the conditioning right, whether the vegan diet had anything to do or not seemed strange to try something new when you had so much success these past few years.

And yeah, being combo'd on by a bigger stronger fighter wouldnt have helped.

Listened to Hearn who went golfing with Canelo the day after, he asked him if camp went well -"it did" but Canelo told him he felt "tired" early in the fight.

Thats got to be either over trained or not getting the conditioning right, whether the vegan diet had anything to do or not seemed strange to try something new when you had so much success these past few years.

And yeah, being combo'd on by a bigger stronger fighter wouldnt have helped.

Or a convenient excuse tbf.

9 bar Anthony kicking off

Last edited by a moderator:
Imagine not laughing off whatever some pissed students are shouting at you when you're one of the best heavyweights in the world. Daft get. :lol:

Struggles with how people perceive him these days I think. Constantly trying to push his weird 'former gangsta' image again more recently. Bloke was posting videos of him rolling fajitas like a joint recently. Proper weirdo :lol:

Struggles with how people perceive him these days I think. Constantly trying to push his weird 'former gangsta' image again more recently. Bloke was posting videos of him rolling fajitas like a joint recently. Proper weirdo :lol:
Worrying really if he is that insecure. Might have serious issues if he loses again.

Back