Latest boxing crack

Just before he lost to Fury, Wlad beat two fighters who people are using to this day to say how great AJs record is, yet in hindsight apparently he was finished.
I was going to pull Tornado up the other week but couldn't be arsed as presumed he was on the windup. But he basically said Wlad was washed up because he was beating the likes of Pulev and Povetkin, whilst then praising AJ for beating Pulev and Povetkin.

Hate the comparisons of records, it proves nothing.

Wlad was seen as untouchable, and Fury had "no chance" before that fight.
Wlad then came back a year later and fought AJ, and was a knats knacker hair from beating him.

AND Fury went to Wlad's back yard, and AJ did it as his home stadium!

Suggesting Fury beat a "past it" Wlad is nonsense.
A very convenient nonsense. :lol:

I was going to pull Tornado up the other week but couldn't be arsed as presumed he was on the windup. But he basically said Wlad was washed up because he was beating the likes of Pulev and Povetkin, whilst then praising AJ for beating Pulev and Povetkin.

Hate the comparisons of records, it proves nothing.

i haven't specifically praised Joshua for beating them two ! I’ve commented that Joshua has beat more higher ranked opponents but i havent praised him for beating 40 years proven by me not having praised him massively for beating Wlad they’re fighter he should be beating !

I get that you can only beat whats in front of you, but i think some reflection or comparison is worthwhile when some are claiming their fighters to be the best ever or indeed the fighters are themselves !

Aye. I'm not really sure why it was seen as such a crazy statement, presumably because I compared him to AJ and people seemed to think I thought that Fury looking the way he does aesthetically means he has shit stamina or something.

It's how the internet works. Everything is binary, if you're perceived as saying something negative about Fury then you must be a Joshua fanboy.

For what it's worth, you are bang on with what you've said. Ballooning up weight isn't conducive to longevity. It's irrelevant whether Fury's plan is to be at the top for a long period of time. It's a fact that fighers (you could extend this to athletes in general) who stay conditioned enjoy a longer period at their peak.

Wlad had deteriorated, but was still seen as the best around and his record speaks for itself. I really have a problem with people not giving credit to people based on how things were viewed at the time, not in hindsight. Even in his last fight Wlad looked class and almost had AJ out. Proper disingenuous the way people go on about the Wlad that Fury beat

i haven't specifically praised Joshua for beating them two ! I’ve commented that Joshua has beat more higher ranked opponents but i havent praised him for beating 40 years proven by me not having praised him massively for beating Wlad they’re fighter he should be beating !

I get that you can only beat whats in front of you, but i think some reflection or comparison is worthwhile when some are claiming their fighters to be the best ever or indeed the fighters are themselves !
Who is claiming Fury as the best ever though? Certainly nobody on this thread.

I still think comparing records is pretty pointless when they're widely acknowledged as the two best. Would anyone seriously claim Fury wouldn't beat Parker or Povetkin?

Joshua has beaten many more ranked opponents, but I'd also argue he's always had the deck stacked in his favour on home soil. He lost his first fight overseas and became world champion by beating a nobody in Charles Martin after Fury had been stripped.

Fury has two (should be 3) superb wins which I believe trump Joshua's best wins, but has never defended the belt or faced as many ranked opponents as AJ.

There are caveats to both records but we'll find out who is better soon enough.

I can't remember many boxing pundits, ex fighters or even fans on forums saying Wlad was past it in the lead upto the Wlad fight or picking Fury to win. Loads saying he was past it afterwards though.

He was still very much the man. He was slightly declining, older age plus Steward dying had showed a few signs of him not being as sharp, but that's when being very very critical. He was the best at the time, was seen as such by the majority and thus that's the credit Fury deserves - beating the best

This has zero truth from a physiological perspective.

It has every bit of a truth. There's a massive difference between weights and conditioning. You can have all the muscle mass and look like Hercules but if you don't sit your arse down and put the stamina into those muscles you aint doing shit.

Look at Fury, I don't think I've ever seen him with a dumbbell in his hand but he doesn't half the put graft in on the other side, that supposed out of a shape person will have some immense engine on him.

14th August is a week after the Olympics ends

That's 2 weeks of non-stop Boxing followed by a Heavyweight unification bout.

But fuck the AIBA, but class tele anyhow.

It has every bit of a truth. There's a massive difference between weights and conditioning. You can have all the muscle mass and look like Hercules but if you don't sit your arse down and put the stamina into those muscles you aint doing shit.

Look at Fury, I don't think I've ever seen him with a dumbbell in his hand but he doesn't half the put graft in on the other side, that supposed out of a shape person will have some immense engine on him.

It was about the lactic acid comment. Makes no sense

Back