Latest boxing crack

If Groves isn't going to be fit in time for June they'll surely re-schedule the final rather than have a replacement fighter facing Smith/Braehmer. The tournament has been much more of a success than probably even Kalle anticipated and I doubt that they'd end it on such an anti-climatic note

Well done m:cool:ds

Kalle has said it can be moved slight by a few weeks, but nothing more.

The final needs to be completed with GG as like you say it will be an anti climax and fans might not buy into next seasons..

Kalle has said it can be moved slight by a few weeks, but nothing more.

The final needs to be completed with GG as like you say it will be an anti climax and fans might not buy into next seasons..
What's the crack with the tight time frame for final? Is it going to be same night as the Cruiserweight final?

Eubank is British level, nothing better. He’s stepped above it twice and been schooled both times. Prince Nas was comedy gold last night.

Nas was a bell, retirement ffs.

He had a point, where does he go from here? He’s never going to win a proper world title. His best win is Spike O’Sullivan. He’s pissed off all the major promoters to the point of no one will take him on. He has the fundamentals of a pissed bloke fighting outside the cooper rose and no one will ever take him serious because of the way his dad has built him up

What's the crack with the tight time frame for final? Is it going to be same night as the Cruiserweight final?

Super middleweight is scheduled for June 2nd at the 02. Cruiserweight final is in Saudi Arabia, not sure on a date for that one yet

Last edited:
Nas was a bell, retirement ffs.

Unless he changes things dramatically like ditching his dad and getting a proper trainer in. Maybe even going to the States to re-invent himself. Naz has a bit of a point imo. He can't do it super middle, if he drops back down to middle, can you see him taking on the likes of GGG ir Canelo? Maybe some of the lesser champs.

Maybe retirement was a bit harsh, but Eubank has to have a long hard look in the mirror imo. 2 genuine world class operators he's been up against and its ended exactly the same way. Been boxed to fuck. If its not a drunken bar brawl, he hasn't got a clue. I know the cut didn’t help, but where was CEjr's ring craft?

Eubank is British level, nothing better. He’s stepped above it twice and been schooled both times. Prince Nas was comedy gold last night.

He had a point, where does he go from here? He’s never going to win a proper world title. His best win is Spike O’Sullivan. He’s pissed off all the major promoters to the point of no one will take him on. He has the fundamentals of a pissed bloke fighting outside the cooper rose and no one will ever take him serious because of the way his dad has built him up

Super middleweight is scheduled for June 2nd at the 02. Cruiserweight final is in Saudi Arabia, not sure on a date for that one yet

That he was. You might not agree with everything he says, but its not the same old cliche shit that most come up with. I like him as a pundit me.

Although me dad did say who's eaten Prince Naz? He looks about 18clem and 55 :lol:

Last edited:

To say he should retire was idiotic....just because naz did.

He is in general an exciting charismatic fighter with loads of qualities..why would he retire, and don't think sly Eddie wouldn't have him in his stable.

Tough tough night but good luck to the lad

Unless he changes things dramatically like ditching his dad and getting a proper trainer in. Maybe even going to the States to re-invent himself. Naz has a bit of a point imo. He can't do it super middle, if he drops back down to middle, can you see him taking on the likes of GGG ir Canelo? Maybe some of the lesser champs.

Maybe retirement was a bit harsh, but Eubank has to have a long hard look in the mirror imo. 2 genuine world class operators he's been up against and its ended exactly the same way. Been boxed to fuck. If its not a drunken bar brawl, he hasn't got a clue. I know the cut didn’t help, but where was CEjr's ring craft?

That he was. You might not agree with everything he says, but its not the same old cliche shit that most come up with. I like him as a pundit me.

Although me dad did say who's eaten Prince Naz? He looks about 18clem and 55 :lol:

:lol::lol:

Aye it’s a refreshing change from the likes of Tony Bellew and Jonny Nelson. Proper corporate sky boys

I love naz...seriously. But retirement talk was cackbabble.

Aye it’s a refreshing change from the likes of Tony Bellew and Jonny Nelson. Proper corporate sky boys
Oh I would certainly agree

15/2 unanimous decision, easy money.

Very much so, mate, if I was a gambler this would have been an absolute gift.

Eubank just didn't have the boxing fundamentals. Groves broke it up and controlled the distance with ease.

Eubank European level fighter in against a very good boxer in his prime? 'No idea what the bookies were thinking.

To say he should retire was idiotic....just because naz did.

He is in general an exciting charismatic fighter with loads of qualities..why would he retire, and don't think sly Eddie wouldn't have him in his stable.

Tough tough night but good luck to the lad

One thing for certain is that he has to go back down in weight. Seen someone suggest him going over to America and pushing his dad out of the camp to rebuild. Think that’s his best bet to be honest. I just can’t see him dropping the ego and taking the help he so desperately needs

Still laughing thinking about Naz the mad bastard

George Martin on Twitter

Great thread of the best moments there :lol:

Jnr is at a crossroads in his career now. His Dad has managed to piss both Hearn and Warren off to the point where neither of them will do business with the Eubanks anymore and with his limitations there for everybody to see there won't be enough people who'll willingly pay PPV fees to watch him. If he had any sense about him he'd phase the Dad out of his camp and attempt to rebuild in the US over the next 12 months or so

And ridiculous from the mods to have put this into Parsnip :confused:

No offence mate but I still don't think the penny has dropped for a lot of people.

Eubank doesn't have what it takes. He isn't and never will be world level. Doesn't matter who is trainer is.

He simply can't box. I think his Dad knew that and his aim was simply to hype him and get people to buy into the hype to make as much money as possible before being found out. Job well done.

Very much so, mate, if I was a gambler this would have been an absolute gift.

Eubank just didn't have the boxing fundamentals. Groves broke it up and controlled the distance with ease.

Eubank European level fighter in against a very good boxer in his prime? 'No idea what the bookies were thinking.

I think Eubank can still be fringe world level, but last time against BJS it was supposedly because he was green or took too long to decide to throw a punch. I've said for ages that BJS with movement didn't give him the angles and the same dimensions as the people Eubank was blowing away before and after.

He's good on the inside, but because he completely lacks the skills to effectively close the distance, once he's inside he's already horribly off balance, already been punched, or has missed by a mile. If he phases his dad out, finds and sticks with a proper coach and grovels to Hearn, he will undoubtedly improve. But people have been saying the same things for years.

One thing for certain is that he has to go back down in weight. Seen someone suggest him going over to America and pushing his dad out of the camp to rebuild. Think that’s his best bet to be honest. I just can’t see him dropping the ego and taking the help he so desperately needs
Absolutely, keep it real.

Down to 160lb, few euro level fights with hopefully a trainer that max out the positives junior has, clearly he will never be a Willie pep ;)

Dave Caldwell spoke huge sense I thought after the fight...could do worse, just please not Gallagher.

No offence mate but I still don't think the penny has dropped for a lot of people.

Eubank doesn't have what it takes. He isn't and never will be world level. Doesn't matter who is trainer is.

He simply can't box. I think his Dad knew that and his aim was simply to hype him and get people to buy into the hype to make as much money as possible before being found out. Job well done.
Slightly harsh I believe, right style match up and trainercoach can still make much more wonga and potential world title.

I’d give him a chance against the Caleb fella who beat degale...

Last edited:

I put the retirement comment with the same quote Froch made about Khan retiring after the Garcia defeat. Its what they would do personally at that stage of their careers.

As much as I love Naz and how amazing her was for British boxing. He basically retired after one defeat in his late 20's. Personally I think he could still be fighting now up there with the likes of Mayweather and Paq man. His career, as amazing as it was, will always be tinged with regret of failed potential and how great he could have been. One of the potential all timers for me. His fucked family messed this right up.

I think Eubank can still be fringe world level, but last time against BJS it was supposedly because he was green or took too long to decide to throw a punch. I've said for ages that BJS with movement didn't give him the angles and the same dimensions as the people Eubank was blowing away before and after.

He's good on the inside, but because he completely lacks the skills to effectively close the distance, once he's inside he's already horribly off balance, already been punched, or has missed by a mile. If he phases his dad out, finds and sticks with a proper coach and grovels to Hearn, he will undoubtedly improve. But people have been saying the same things for years.

He's not even good on the inside against quality opponents.

What he is good at is putting away European level fighters who don't have a great deal of movement or/and like to rush in giving him the opportunity to unload.

I put the retirement comment with the same quote Froch made about Khan retiring after the Garcia defeat. Its what they would do personally at that stage of their careers.

As much as I love Naz and how amazing her was for British boxing. He basically retired after one defeat in his late 20's. Personally I think he could still be fighting now up there with the likes of Mayweather and Paq man. His career, as amazing as it was, will always be tinged with regret of failed potential and how great he could have been. One of the potential all timers for me. His fucked family messed this right up.
It still fucks me off....as amazing career as he had, could have been even better ffs

Back