Latest boxing crack

The undercard tonight is terrible. When you've got so many fighters desperate for a fight, I'm amazed they've not pulled together a better card than this. Even with the Dave Allen fight, it's piss poor from Hearn trying to ppv tonight

The undercard tonight is terrible. When you've got so many fighters desperate for a fight, I'm amazed they've not pulled together a better card than this. Even with the Dave Allen fight, it's piss poor from Hearn trying to ppv tonight

This bout is decent. It's a professional performance from McCarthy, he knows he's miles ahead, no need to go for a finish when you're already miles ahead.

They all want paying though.....I'm no fan of hearns ppv's but there's a big chunk of cash missing from ticket sales and other income streams.

You can’t pay fighters like Usyk and Chisora the money they want unless it’s ppv.

I do think though, given the number of ppv's coming up you'd think they would try to get the better undercards for the lesser fights. Joshua, Fury and the Dubois v Joyce don't need much else as the main event sells itself. For this (and the Whyte Povetkin rematch) I would have expected better cards and more than Lee Selby (although it does look like that'll be a good fight)

I do think though, given the number of ppv's coming up you'd think they would try to get the better undercards for the lesser fights. Joshua, Fury and the Dubois v Joyce don't need much else as the main event sells itself. For this (and the Whyte Povetkin rematch) I would have expected better cards and more than Lee Selby (although it does look like that'll be a good fight)
dubois joyce is just a standard bt show now

Matchroom Boxing has done alot of good things for the sport, they put on events, even during a pandemic to showcase their prospects and headliners.

Dubois v Joyce not being a PPV is simply because Frank Warren doesn't have anyone else so they gotta fill their cards with absolute dossers like Tommy Fury.

Back