Last day today for Tory Boy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just about to say "politics forum this shite"

One last day of Tory Boy for SAFC
But Five more years of Tory Boys for the whole country, unfortunately!
and a lifetime of brexit which 61% wanted,charlie would of felt at home during his time at the club

Probably better off away from the club due to his offensive ramblings. However I don't have it in for him as much as some seem to.

Probably better off away from the club due to his offensive ramblings. However I don't have it in for him as much as some seem to.
Just seems mental his ‘pr expertise’ as he constantly shoots himself in the foot.
Very unpopular down Oxford too.
I wonder how much of his business interests are due to inheritance/family unlike a lot of northern lads n lasses who graft their bollocks/minge off for it.

Not a bad guy - Probably a different story if we had won the playoff final - Then Maybe you would of seen the best from him - He obviously can’t handle potential failure

The salmon pants tory prick won't be missed, done nothing but tell lies and slate the fans. Just need the other chance to go now also as heis killing this club

I didn't mind the bloke. Sounds like some of his comments near the end displayed a bit of a nasty side, and probably made his position untenable but I'm sure @Ghandi Floss mentioned that he did genuinely try to improve things for the fans. I also think his side of the business seems to have been fairly well run, it's the footballing side that is absolute shite and he was always quick to point out that he had no involvement there. Also saw him as a bit of a sensible voice for Donald who often got a bit carried away with things. Not sad that he's gone (although I hope someone good is appointed to the board soon because currently we've got hardly any board members), but don't think he deserves abuse as such, just made a few daft comments

Pretty much this. A few maligning comments about our fans certainly won’t have me hating on the bloke.
I still believe he tried to do the right thing, and had genuine care for our club, alas, perhaps his PR/spin background caught up with him.

EDIT. Short, Bain, Byrne, and all the other assorted inept duckeggs we’ve had making footballing/financial decisions at the club over the last 10 years should be held in far higher disdain.

Last edited:
Charlie Methven is unbelievably uneducated when it comes to running football clubs.

Hope we never have to see his arrogant, condescending face ever again

He was out of his comfort zone and didn't have the insight to realise it or the insight to realise he had to change his 'stock pitch / patter'.

Never trust the piss stains.
Delusional that lot.

“Charlie is a Poxford fan, he wears a Poxford hat”
“He travelled up to Sunderland to buy a big black cat”
“He thought he’d make some money, he’d thought it would come home”
“It all went wrong, he fucked up big and got himself a loan”

“Ohhhh Charlie.........

Charlie leaves the club today after 6 months of successful PR and 6 months of terrible PR. Conclusion PR doesn’t really work without substance.
He can fuck off big time mate
What an absolute tool
Wonder what his Safc following drinking buddies think?
Who's gonna do the half time speech on Boxing Day when we get a 27k crowd, inflated by the non attending STs to 31k?
Tidied

Last edited:
Great, another let’s bash Charlie thread. :rolleyes:

He obviously lost his way at the end, but I think there was a definite desire there mostly to improve the club for the fans. To be fair to him, he could have fucked off earlier, but didn’t.

I think back to the abuse Short, Byrne and Bain took on here, and Methven has had it worse. His main crime seems to be that he called out a section of the fan base, who took massive offence and blew his comments up. On reflection, he should have known better, but he’s still nowhere near the three mentioned above in terms of the damage inflicted on the club.

A shame it didn’t work out.
Will tell the tale again.
Out walking the seafront one glorious but freezing Sunday morning. Saw a lad and lass come out of that "Granny Smith's" pub shaking hands with the owner. 2 things struck me as they walked on ahead of me - 1) He had on a short sleeved 1973 SAFC top, 2) She had a tremendous arse. They stopped on the corner of the prom and were looking down onto Whitburn as I passed. "You want to get a coat on Charlie, its Baltic marra" He beamed " Its not to bad mate" Now I've never seen any Sunderland employee/part owner trying to drum up business on his own time nor wearing our colours with such obvious pride. Might well be a posh cockney tosser but I think there's been a hell of a lot worse people been involved with the club in the recent times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back