Last album you listened to from start to finish?

The Shins-Wincing The Night Away. They can wince the night away in the charity shop. Going.

Ben Folds-Rockin The Suburbs. He’s gonna be rockin the charity shop this lad. Going.

Blonde-No Exit. Oh yes there is. Going.

The Go Gos-Beauty And The Beat. Our Lips Are Sealed is a pop classic. Unfortunately the rest isn’t. Besides they sacked the gorgeous bass player who was with them when they played ower Newcastle Rd. Going.

British Sea Power-The Decline Of British Sea Power. They’ve certainly declined since the last time I heard them. Going.

Pavement. Brighten The Corners. It can join their Westing By Musket or whatever it’s called album in the charity shop. Going.

James - Yummy

For a band that's been going for over 40 years it's bloody excellent. I love Tim Booths lyrical style and the band are as good a bunch of musicians as you'll find imo

I've put all of the tracks on my main Spotify playlist
I like it too. It’s gonna be great live !

The Jam, All mod cons,
Few days ago.
It was one of those
"takes me back moments" after hearing a track on the radio.

The Shins-Wincing The Night Away. They can wince the night away in the charity shop. Going.

Ben Folds-Rockin The Suburbs. He’s gonna be rockin the charity shop this lad. Going.

Blonde-No Exit. Oh yes there is. Going.

The Go Gos-Beauty And The Beat. Our Lips Are Sealed is a pop classic. Unfortunately the rest isn’t. Besides they sacked the gorgeous bass player who was with them when they played ower Newcastle Rd. Going.

British Sea Power-The Decline Of British Sea Power. They’ve certainly declined since the last time I heard them. Going.

Pavement. Brighten The Corners. It can join their Westing By Musket or whatever it’s called album in the charity shop. Going.
Disappointed in your jettisoning of Pavement. Which could be a Pavement song title

Disappointed in your jettisoning of Pavement. Which could be a Pavement song title
They’re all on a HD this whole things just to get rid of those I’m not interested in enough to keep an actual CD of.
Orbital- Orbital. OK but there’ll nivver be a time when I pull this CD from the shelves and play it. It’s on the HD. Going.

Fugazi-The Arguement. No argument can be put forward for keeping this one. Going.

QOTSA- Lullabies To Paralyze. Commercial grungey hard rock of the worst kind. Bye bye.

QOTSA- Songs For The Deaf. I’ve given this lot ower many tries. Going.

Gogol Bordello-Gypsy Punks. Like a LA Gypsy version of the Pogues Irish trad and Punk mash up. I can imagine them encoring with a punky version of “If I Was A Rich Man”. I’ve no idea how genuinely gypsyish this lot are but I’d imagine they’d be a great night out. Hmmmmmmmm not sure.

Last edited:
They’re all on a HD this whole things just to get rid of those I’m not interested in enough to keep an actual CD of.
Orbital- Orbital. OK but there’ll nivver be a time when I pull this CD from the shelves and play it. It’s on the HD. Going.

Fugazi-The Arguement. No argument can be put forward for keeping this one. Going.

QOTSA- Lullabies To Paralyze. Commercial grungey hard rock of the worst kind. Bye bye.

QOTSA- Songs For The Deaf. I’ve given this lot ower many tries. Going.

Gogol Bordello-Gypsy Punks. Like a LA Gypsy version of the Pogues Irish trad and Punk mash up. I can imagine them encoring with a punky version of “If I Was A Rich Man”. I’ve no idea how genuinely gypsyish this lot are but I’d imagine they’d be a great night out. Hmmmmmmmm not sure.
Been doing a relatively similar exercise with my CD collection. Finally got round to sorting, cataloguing and displaying them. Got 206 so I have an idea of keeping a nice even 200 as there is definitely a few dodgy selections in there. Then going forward it will be one in, one out until I have a solid 200 I am happy with. Though looking at a "wish list" I have made that's about 100 so might change that total to 300!

Anyway, as part of this I am going through then alphabetically to QC. Both from a musical and physical judgement of the CD, booklets and cases.

Just finished A which concluded with the below, top top album for me...

Logon or register to see this image

Back