Lasith Malinga retires

Did not say I had an immunity to it but your trying to be a smart one here slander is spoken word not written what you were looking for is libel, if admin feel that way then they can pull me up on it.

Try harder next time
Well you said it pal. I was giving you the benefit of the doubt and treating it as a lesser, transient comment. You will also be aware that RTG are liable for anything published on their site and might want to think twice before posting libelous comments that could get them into bother.
Love how on here soon as your opinion differs to someone the toys come right out of the pram, it’s an Internet forum lads.

Aye after he’s been to mine first
Why do people think they can publish what the fuck they like on the internet and hide behind 'it's my opinion'?

It may be 'my opinion' that another poster's wife was a wh*re, but I wouldn't post such and expect not to have the post removed and face a lengthy ban.

You could have quite easily said "I don't think his bowling action should be legal" but you accused him of being a cheat which suggests intent.

Last edited:
Well you said it pal. I was giving you the benefit of the doubt and treating it as a lesser, transient comment. You will also be aware that RTG are liable for anything published on their site and might want to think twice before posting libelous comments that could get them into bother.

Why do people think they can publish what the fuck they like on the internet and hide behind 'it's my opinion'?

It may be 'my opinion' that another poster's wife was a wh*re, but I wouldn't post such and expect not to have the post removed and face a lengthy ban.

You could have quite easily said "I don't think his bowling action should be legal" but you accused him of being a cheat which suggests intent.
Intent? Did he bowl like that accidentally? Hard to argue it wasn’t intentional how he bowls

Intent? Did he bowl like that accidentally? Hard to argue it wasn’t intentional how he bowls
It is how he bowled, and it is legal. Get over it.

And I'm sure it wasn't a choice either. I'm sure if bowling with a conventional overarm came naturally, he would have been doing it. Bowling 90mph toe crushers good enough to defeat world class batsmen is a rare enough skill without also affecting a bowling action that isn't natural to you.

And it is difficult to bowl roundarm. If you don't believe me, go in the nets and try it.

Last edited:
It is how he bowled, and it is legal. Get over it.

And I'm sure it wasn't a choice either. I'm sure if bowling with a conventional overarm came naturally, he would have been doing it. Bowling 90mph toe crushers good enough to defeat world class batsmen is a rare enough skill without also affecting a bowling action that isn't natural to you.

And it is difficult to bowl roundarm. If you don't believe me, go in the nets and try it.
Even easier to bowl when you break the rules lad

1) it isn't breaking the rules

2) it is actually more difficult to control the ball bowling round arm. To bowl it accurately that way at 90mph is a rare skill
If only life was as black and white as you believe. The rules are based on interpretation of guidance, many professionals and bowling assessors have argued for a long time it is against the rules, and consensus is split pretty evenly on it. Just because one panel agreed he is okay, doesn’t mean it’s not open to challenge or scrutiny at all, and if the panel consisted of different people that day, then he could well have been banned from bowling like that way back when he was young.

It isn’t more difficult to control at all. Why would baseball pitchers pitch in that manner if it was so difficult to control? Why do fielders throw the ball to the keeper using the same action and not over arm?

Plus you can generate more pace with the centrifugal effect. If you picked some random person who’d never held a cricket ball before, they’d find it easier to Chuck than to bowl properly. It isn’t easy for people who’ve bowled properly for decades to adapt, but for a complete novice, it’s easier to Chuck.

Back