Lasith Malinga retires

never liked him .Always thought he was a complete chucker . I think it was always a nonsense that he got away with it because at some point his arm was fully extended albeit sideways but at the point of release using his wrist imo he chucked the ball .

never liked him .Always thought he was a complete chucker . I think it was always a nonsense that he got away with it because at some point his arm was fully extended albeit sideways but at the point of release using his wrist imo he chucked the ball .
I kind of agree here, suppose he is only one who can do what he did to that level. However still not right as a batsman trying to pick a ball he releases sideways.

Cheat with his bowling style for me like but happy retirement
Unfortunately it's not up to you. Round arm bowling is still totally legit.

It's been great to see a fast bowler defy orthodoxy. There's another young lad coming through, Matheesha Pathirana, who bowls the same way.
Just about every fast bowler cocks their wrist at delivery, it's how you generate swing. If he's a chucker so is Jimmy Anderson.

Last edited:
Unfortunately it's not up to you. Round arm bowling is still totally legit.

It's been great to see a fast bowler defy orthodoxy. There's another young lad coming through, Matheesha Pathirana, who bowls the same way.

Just about every fast bowler cocks their wrist at delivery, it's how you generate swing. If he's a chucker so is Jimmy Anderson.
Didn’t say it was can still say I didn’t like it and have my opinion on it that it’s awful many more did not like it but many did like
Marmite

He was awful .
It was not bowling in my book
Bowling is either over arm or under arm
Side arm chucking gives the batsman no chance in anticipating the type of delivery .
It’s all a matter of opinion but I think it should have been banned .

An awkward and at times fearsome opponent, and compelling to watch.
He was awful .
It was not bowling in my book
Bowling is either over arm or under arm
Side arm chucking gives the batsman no chance in anticipating the type of delivery .
It’s all a matter of opinion but I think it should have been banned .
If it isn't banned, it is legal.

We don't see more round arm bowlers because it isn't coached or promoted by coaches, and it is bloody difficult to learn to control it.

He was a rare talent. The game was always interesting to watch when he had ball in hand.

Last edited:
If it was that much of a game changer more bowlers would have done it.
I don’t care if it wasn’t a major game changer.
It was horrible and quite unethical in my opinion given that nobody from an early age is taught or coached to bowl that way and no one is shown how to try to read different bowlers when learning as a batsman

It was horrible and quite unethical in my opinion given that nobody from an early age is taught or coached to bowl that way and no one is shown how to try to read different bowlers when learning as a batsman
Jesus f***ing Christ.

You don't have any immunity to having your opinion called out. Besides, you called him a cheat which is a bit more than an opinion, it's slander.
Did not say I had an immunity to it but your trying to be a smart one here slander is spoken word not written what you were looking for is libel, if admin feel that way then they can pull me up on it.

Try harder next time

Unethical, give ower man. The bloke had a unique talent and used it to great effect, if it was that simple coaches around the world would be teaching kids to bowl like that.

Back