Lapland at Xmas...

5underland

Midfield
... has anyone done Lapland at Xmas? If so where did you stay, what hotel etc etc? Looking to book for next Xmas, probably 4days. I'm a bit undecided about a cold holiday to stick with somewhere hot since we could get a week all inclusive for less than what it's looking to go to Lapland. Ta.

... has anyone done Lapland at Xmas? If so where did you stay, what hotel etc etc? Looking to book for next Xmas, probably 4days. I'm a bit undecided about a cold holiday to stick with somewhere hot since we could get a week all inclusive for less than what it's looking to go to Lapland. Ta.
A total rip-off from the people that I know who have taken their bairns/grandbairns there on a trip.

I am just back from Lapland, and I must admit it was better than I expected and the kids have never been happier, we stayed at the panorama hotel, it’s at the top of the ski slopes and we have a great view out at them, most of the time we just grabbed a sledge for each of the kids and spent the day sledding(don’t care what anyone says I’ve never laughed like I did sledding with the kids for ages) done a excursion and that was great fun even if it started off a bit slow for my liking
This.

Overpriced shite.
[/QUOTE

It was definitely expensive, but definitely worth every penny as a one off

I am just back from Lapland, and I must admit it was better than I expected and the kids have never been happier, we stayed at the panorama hotel, it’s at the top of the ski slopes and we have a great view out at them, most of the time we just grabbed a sledge for each of the kids and spent the day sledding(don’t care what anyone says I’ve never laughed like I did sledding with the kids for ages) done a excursion and that was great fun even if it started off a bit slow for my liking
Who did you book with?

How much, if you don’t mind me asking

That’s not too bad. I’ve seen prices twice that!
Really, maybe the wife never told me the full price then, but I’m sure it was about what I quoted, half board we went, it was expensive eating out but like I said earlier as a one off it was worth it, the full 4 days away felt amazing and seeing my little boys smile and laugh and look forward to everything was worth paying the money for

Really, maybe the wife never told me the full price then, but I’m sure it was about what I quoted, half board we went, it was expensive eating out but like I said earlier as a one off it was worth it, the full 4 days away felt amazing and seeing my little boys smile and laugh and look forward to everything was worth paying the money for
Just been looking at it for next year too, its coming up for 3300 for x3 nights, so probably right what you paid. What excursion did you do? Were there things included in the holiday price (eg. Meeting Santa?)

Just been looking at it for next year too, its coming up for 3300 for x3 nights, so probably right what you paid. What excursion did you do? Were there things included in the holiday price (eg. Meeting Santa?)
Yes mate meeting Santa on Xmas day was included, it was on the afternoon and it involved a trip around Santa’s village, meeting the elf’s and doing elf school and decorating stuff with mrs Claus, we did the husky’s which was canny, but it stunk and the bairn was sick because of the smell of the shite lol, the only thing we never got the chan be to do was take the 6 year old skiing, his fault as he only decide he wanted to ski on the last day, a 5 minute husky ride was included with the holiday and passes for the ski lifts, but my kids just wanted to play snow ball fights and sledge loads, easiest holiday I have had in my life with the kids as it was so relaxed

Last edited:

Back