Lapland at Xmas...

I am just back from Lapland, and I must admit it was better than I expected and the kids have never been happier, we stayed at the panorama hotel, it’s at the top of the ski slopes and we have a great view out at them, most of the time we just grabbed a sledge for each of the kids and spent the day sledding(don’t care what anyone says I’ve never laughed like I did sledding with the kids for ages) done a excursion and that was great fun even if it started off a bit slow for my liking
Northern Lights?

Yes mate meeting Santa on Xmas day was included, it was on the afternoon and it involved a trip around Santa’s village, meeting the elf’s and doing elf school and decorating stuff with mrs Claus, we did the husky’s which was canny, but it stunk and the bairn was sick because of the smell of the shite lol, the only thing we never got the chan be to do was take the 6 year old skiing, his fault as he only decide he wanted to ski on the last day, a 5 minute husky ride was included with the holiday and passes for the ski lifts, but my kids just wanted to play snow ball fights and sledge loads, easiest holiday I have had in my life with the kids as it was so relaxed
Thanks, it sounds brilliant! Think our 2 would love it. Were there enough places in Levi to eat? The deal we are looking at is only B&B.

Thanks, it sounds brilliant! Think our 2 would love it. Were there enough places in Levi to eat? The deal we are looking at is only B&B.
Yes mate there was enough restaurants, a Burger King and a subway if you just want a quick snack, my boys are 6 and 4 and had a awesome time, I’m 41 and I had a awesome time aswell
Northern Lights?
I never got to see them, the only downside as I would of loved too

Just talking this over with some friends, they are looking at the same package, same hotel etc etc. Our kids are all 9&6, so the decorating things will only keep them occupied for so long, they are boys so we'll end up paying to do snow mobiles and skiing which Im fine with.

Went in 2017 with my then 11 year old daughter. Went to Rovaniemi in Finland for 4 nights. Stopped at the Sky Hotel, also called Ounasvaara. Amazing trip. It was -25 in early December, but the thermals they give you really do keep the cold out. Nostils might produce icicles like. The snow is like powder and you don't have the chill of British island life. Snowmobiling, huskey rides, reindeer rides, toboganing, Santa Claus village with ice hotel and bar all class. Missed the northern lights due to heavy snow. They were there, highly active, but out of sight. Definitely recommend. Don't think days trips would be worth it, but that's obviously not what you're considering.

Just talking this over with some friends, they are looking at the same package, same hotel etc etc. Our kids are all 9&6, so the decorating things will only keep them occupied for so long, they are boys so we'll end up paying to do snow mobiles and skiing which Im fine with.
SMB trip to Lapland 😂
Ours are girls so will probably be happy doing some crafts and playing in the snow. Not liking the sound of a smelly husky ride though!

I've just looked again and its now £4038 for what we were wanting! There must be something not right happening at TUI, surely a holiday cant increase by £700 overnight.

... has anyone done Lapland at Xmas? If so where did you stay, what hotel etc etc? Looking to book for next Xmas, probably 4days. I'm a bit undecided about a cold holiday to stick with somewhere hot since we could get a week all inclusive for less than what it's looking to go to Lapland. Ta.
Try using Dream of Lapland. We went with them to Yllas for 4 nights and it was brilliant. Their trips and activities are longer than the Tui ones and they are a subsidiary of Hays Travel. You can talk through stuff over the phone with them to get the package you want.

Back