Langley Park CC

Aye old Colliery welfare. But still used for football so can get round it is imagine.
Heard they were looking at Bearparks old field.

Cricket is vulnerable from tossers who want to 'develop' grounds for other reasons. We're currently in a battle with the town council on this very isdue. They won't win that one. Good luck to Langley Park CC, relocate and come back stronger.

read about this on saturday while we were off for a rain delay at Ryhope. Shocking treatment of a club thats been around for 100 years.

Will Bearpark be usable in time for the new season for them though? clocks ticking as it is trying to get squares ready for next season.

Houghton could be a temporary option for them as i hear its still available for rent.

Another club I used to play for used to play a team called St. Cuthberts who played their home games there.

Some of the SMB CC cricketers may have played against them too in previous years.
That's them, got a couple of them to play for Spenny this year. They said the council were asking for nearly £1000 so they could play a handful of friendlies at Bearpark each year. St Cuthberts now only play away friendlies.

Another club I used to play for used to play a team called St. Cuthberts who played their home games there.

Some of the SMB CC cricketers may have played against them too in previous years.

Played against them for years with NASUWT

Nice set of blokes

Sure Littletown played them in a Sunday friendly a few years ago

If anyone's feeling generous, there's a gofundme site looking for support for relocation (Unfortunately I can't post the link here, because I'm not a trusted member of the community)

read about this on saturday while we were off for a rain delay at Ryhope. Shocking treatment of a club thats been around for 100 years.

Will Bearpark be usable in time for the new season for them though? clocks ticking as it is trying to get squares ready for next season.

Houghton could be a temporary option for them as i hear its still available for rent.

I think they’re very unlikely to go from Langley where they’ve just been evicted to sharing a ground with the fella who has just evicted them

Back