Lancs away to be played in Cumbria

Have we officially grown up over this or is the board still instantly triggered by it

I think it’s unfair and quite, well, childish to use such a phrase when so many feel as strongly over an issue that has clearly polarised opinions.

I suspect though, there are many Lancashire members who’d question why none of the fantastic outgrounds within the county boundaries aren’t getting the opportunity of hosting.

I think it’s unfair and quite, well, childish to use such a phrase when so many feel as strongly over an issue that has clearly polarised opinions.

I suspect though, there are many Lancashire members who’d question why none of the fantastic outgrounds within the county boundaries aren’t getting the opportunity of hosting.

So that’s a no then

So that’s a no then

I’ll refer you back to what I said on the topic last summer, my position hasn’t changed -

Don't agree with it, won't be going, but in light of everything the club has gone through since September, it might be a good thing in the long run.

I'd still like to see us going to other venues. I still feel the club should be making efforts to use outgrounds that are actually in the county they represent.

However on that point, and in light of the news about the ECB regionalising academies, the more people the club can get on board in terms of 'paying customers' the better.

They are

Not really, the games are moved around and Southport will get one next season.

This is more to do with Sedbergh hosting the 2nds and youth teams regularly and are due a 1st team game, plus Martin Speight (ex Durham) is head of cricket there.

Out ground cricket is superb imo- I was at Cheltenham last year, a packed ground creating a great atmosphere. Likewise hopefully at Sedbergh as opposed to similar numbers at O.T. with no atmosphere.

An ex Durham player is or certainly was head of cricket at the school. Take a guess who?

Already been mentioned above.

Sedbergh have a decent history of producing/bringing in quality cricketers that go on to have first class careers; Jordan Clark was there before moving on this year and the Brook lad at Yorkshire has not long left. Jamie Harrison was there as well I think.

Not a bad PR move from Lancs to play there and be the recognised county face around the school for a little while to maybe pick up one or two into pathways. That and it’s a beautiful school ground so worth promoting schoolboy cricket and wider outreach when the ground won’t let down the game.

Back