Lancashire away One Day Cup

Fair do, he needs to be bumped up as it's ridiculous having Pringle at number 3 and Collingwood opening. Just seem to have absolutely no plan at all which is very worrying. Inexcusable to get beat at this level by 192 runs in a one day game. I don't think anyone could predict the batting lineup for Friday even if we kept the same team.
They are gambling hoping someone can get us off to a start. If they saw Pringle as a banger at the top of the order they should have given him the opportunity a few years ago when he first broke into the side. They have to have latham opening with the detail of batting most of the 50 overs and everyone else batting around him, he is the only player with the proven quality to do it. It won't always come off but at least it will give us a base in some matches.

They are gambling hoping someone can get us off to a start. If they saw Pringle as a banger at the top of the order they should have given him the opportunity a few years ago when he first broke into the side. They have to have latham opening with the detail of batting most of the 50 overs and everyone else batting around him, he is the only player with the proven quality to do it. It won't always come off but at least it will give us a base in some matches.

It's all just very messy. For example Pringle batted 6 or 7 vs Yorkshire, and didn't bowl until the 43rd over, yet 2 days later he's batting at 3 and bowling his full allowance?

Will Smith bowled very well today yet was only given 4 overs, I find that incredibly difficult to understand when the other 2 spin bowlers in a combined 20 overs went for 124 runs.

Desperately need to just get back to basics. For Wednesday my side would be.

Latham
Clark
Steel
Smith
Richardson
Collingwood
Poynter
Pringle
Weighall
Potts
Rimmington

It's all just very messy. For example Pringle batted 6 or 7 vs Yorkshire, and didn't bowl until the 43rd over, yet 2 days later he's batting at 3 and bowling his full allowance?

Will Smith bowled very well today yet was only given 4 overs, I find that incredibly difficult to understand when the other 2 spin bowlers in a combined 20 overs went for 124 runs.

Latham
Clark
Steel
Smith
Richardson
Collingwood
Poynter
Pringle
Weighall
Potts
Rimmington

Well these are decisions made by the captain aren't they?

Latham
Clark
Steel
Smith
Richardson
Collingwood
Poynter
Pringle
Weighall
Potts
Rimmington
It will be interesting to know why Colly did not bowl his full allocation today, always been a very good one day bowler for Durham and Latham was very keen to bowl him out against Yorkshire. The batting line up you have selected is far more steady and probably the way durham have to go if only to try and stay in the game a bit longer.

Well these are decisions made by the captain aren't they?

I'm not entirely sure in terms of the batting lineup but the on the field bowling stuff I think it's fair to say they will be his decisions and at the moment they are very poor decisions indeed.

See what happens in the next couple of games but the pressure is on.

For me Lewis is inspiring nobody, I'd happily see him and Walker leave in the morning.

Get Killeen, Breese and Thorp involved.

I think it's fair to say the 4 in front of him for them are a lot better than the 4 in front of him today
I think that is fair to say.

But Latham has had to have had some say in the line up, as captain.

otoh, Colly is a great one day batter, didn't he practically win a televised match on his own last season? But I get your point.

I can't comment on today but on Friday latham spoke with Colly plenty in the field.

I think that is fair to say.

But Latham has had to have had some say in the line up, as captain.

otoh, Colly is a great one day batter, didn't he practically win a televised match on his own last season? But I get your point.
Colly is more of a finisher though and probably better having him for the back end of the innings rather than against the new ball.

Last edited:
I can't comment on today but on Friday latham spoke with Colly plenty in the field.

Colly is more of a finisher though and probably better having him for the back end of the innings rather than against the new ball.
Yea, I can't disagree. Choosing the line up to me is one of those decisions it's easy to get wrong and no one talks about it if you get it right.

But I fully admit I raised my eyebrows in surprise when I saw Colly and Pringle up top.

Was down OT today, lovely ground, great weather but got thrashed. But 2 out of 3 aint bad? Anyway.

Colly dismissal. I was behind the keeper when he was technically stumped. When the bails came off his bat was definitely in the air. Schoolboy error, bound to make at least 1 or 2 in a 23 year career.

Trying to be positive now. Pringle. Tidy bowling figures 1 for 50 off his 10. Looked comfortable batting at 3 and was going along quite well until given out LBW. Close? No idea. I quite like Rhino. Local lad, positive attitude I believe he has what it takes.

Rimmington. Seems to now bowl with a bit more variation, think if he can seam/swing the ball more ie adapt to English conditions he may come good, handy with the bat like. Bizarre ball to get Jennings. Looked like a slow full toss that hit the stumps on the full, with Jennings trying to, sort of, ramp it.

Weighell. Continues to impress, not too hot with the ball but looked like he was going to open his shoulders with the bat until caught by Livingstone. Stunning catch diving goalkeeper style to his left and catching the ball with both hands.

Poynter, Smith, Richardson have all scored CC tons this season but failed to impress today with the bat today. Clarke has been consistent this season but not today. Potts and Harding are young lads who will hopefully become consistent performers. Latham? he's class just not today.

I believe we have a massive problem with consistency. Coupled with the fact of all the established players who have left since 2016 and we are where we are. Good some games, dog shit others.

Jennings. Think its the first time I have seen one of the "departees", for want of a better word, play against us. He looked totally in control, just like he was for Durham 2 years ago. It hurt.

Before todays debacle I was considering going down to Northants next Sunday, still might. I think this season we will either thrash sides in white ball cricket or be on the receiving end. Receiving end ahead so far.

Thoroughly agree with all the above except for the bowling of Weighell -hasn't sufficient control to bowl in the opening power play. Problem is we have so few alternatives. Rushy will be back but got to get another opening bowler from somewhere. Must be a WIndies or Saffer kolpak out there!

the squad looks really bare.
Is it not worth looking back at the likes of Arshad or Harrison, lads that have been released the past couple of years even just for a short term fix

Even if you added our two scores from the first two games together, we would not have managed to beat lancashire or yorkshire. That is shambolic

Back