Lancashire away One Day Cup

Is it Lewis who's made the decision like?
Well if it's not then it shows he's a weak coach. I said it last season and I've already said it a couple of times this season, Lewis is not the man to take Durham forward. I appreciate we aren't great but this is atrocious in very good batting conditions. Players need to take some responsibility but for me the main is with the coaching. This isn't a knee jerk before people shoot me down, i was saying this last season. People like Harker, Lewis and Walker have outstayed their welcome at the club and need chasing. This is sad to watch. I love Durham but I don't expect Ryan Pringle to be batting at number 3 for example, it's embarrassing

We are absolutely f***ing shot this season like. I thought we would have a good year but could well be our worst one yet. Never liked Lewis as a player and he inspires no confidence as a coach either.

We are absolutely f***ing shot this season like. I thought we would have a good year but could well be our worst one yet. Never liked Lewis as a player and he inspires no confidence as a coach either.

We've already won more Championship games than we did in 1996.:)

What is particularly galling is that there seems to be no discernible plan whatsoever in the 50 Over Competition. Colly opening ? Pringle at 3? Anyone fancy a bowl?...Might as well get Weighell to open with instructions to slog.

Will be interesting to see how many turn up at Gosforth.

Well if it's not then it shows he's a weak coach. I said it last season and I've already said it a couple of times this season, Lewis is not the man to take Durham forward. I appreciate we aren't great but this is atrocious in very good batting conditions. Players need to take some responsibility but for me the main is with the coaching. This isn't a knee jerk before people shoot me down, i was saying this last season. People like Harker, Lewis and Walker have outstayed their welcome at the club and need chasing. This is sad to watch. I love Durham but I don't expect Ryan Pringle to be batting at number 3 for example, it's embarrassing
When you downgrade the playing staff there can only be one outcome.

He's always the same, game at the Riverside last season he was very trigger happy (sorry can't remember which game)

I'm certain Colly was back by some distance and the first leg before he gave was dodgy as owt, the next two were out before the 'keeper appealed. Very strange.

Anyway, there's a few players in that team who aren't up to it. Potts and Harding can have a pass as they are just starting out and might (or might not) make the step up, but players like Smith and Pringle are nowhere near good enough. We just have to batten down the hatches this season and hope for some high points on the way.

We've already won more Championship games than we did in 1996.:)

What is particularly galling is that there seems to be no discernible plan whatsoever in the 50 Over Competition. Colly opening ? Pringle at 3? Anyone fancy a bowl?...Might as well get Weighell to open with instructions to slog.

Will be interesting to see how many turn up at Gosforth.

Its strange as I thought we looked very good last year in a lot of games with Latham and Jennings opening, I know he has gone now, but Pringle and Colly should be down the order.

I'm certain Colly was back by some distance and the first leg before he gave was dodgy as owt, the next two were out before the 'keeper appealed. Very strange.

Anyway, there's a few players in that team who aren't up to it. Potts and Harding can have a pass as they are just starting out and might (or might not) make the step up, but players like Smith and Pringle are nowhere near good enough. We just have to batten down the hatches this season and hope for some high points on the way.

Think Smith can do a job in Div 2, give him a chance

You can't call Pringle not good enough on here

Surely Latham has got to open with the plan to bat as much of the 50 overs as possible even if his strike rate is nothing special and try and gamble a bit at the other end.
I reckon he is the only player we have who is capable of doing that But to be honest it just looks a poor side.

When you downgrade the playing staff there can only be one outcome.
I kind of tells you as well that the contracts they where offering the likes of Stoneman,Borthwick and Coughlin where nowhere near what other counties where offering them, when you look at who they brought in as replacements or didn't even replace them.

Last edited:
Very annoyed just got home. Pitiful performance and it seems there is absolutely no plan. Collingwood opening.... Someone told me on Friday he hadn't opened for 18 years. Today Ryan Pringle bats at number 3, hideous. Correct me if I'm wrong but Latham is an international opener, so why is he batting at number 5 today??? Smith went for less than 5 an over today, actually bowled well, so why only give him 4 overs when Harding got his full quota and went for 73 off 10 overs. Colly not bowled out, our third most economical bowler. We narrowly missed our record 1 day defeat by 1 run. Whole performance was a mess and I'm not seeing much improvement. Tough times ahead, I don't see Lewis taking us forward. Undecided if I can be bothered for Friday, half expect us to open with Harding and Poynter. Old Trafford fantastic venue mind, very new, very clean, just all round class ground.

Very annoyed just got home. Pitiful performance and it seems there is absolutely no plan. Collingwood opening.... Someone told me on Friday he hadn't opened for 18 years. Today Ryan Pringle bats at number 3, hideous. Correct me if I'm wrong but Latham is an international opener, so why is he batting at number 5 today??? Smith went for less than 5 an over today, actually bowled well, so why only give him 4 overs when Harding got his full quota and went for 73 off 10 overs. Colly not bowled out, our third most economical bowler. We narrowly missed our record 1 day defeat by 1 run. Whole performance was a mess and I'm not seeing much improvement. Tough times ahead, I don't see Lewis taking us forward. Undecided if I can be bothered for Friday, half expect us to open with Harding and Poynter. Old Trafford fantastic venue mind, very new, very clean, just all round class ground.
Latham seems to bat at No 5 for NZ in the one dayers.

Latham seems to bat at No 5 for NZ in the one dayers.

Fair do, he needs to be bumped up as it's ridiculous having Pringle at number 3 and Collingwood opening. Just seem to have absolutely no plan at all which is very worrying. Inexcusable to get beat at this level by 192 runs in a one day game. I don't think anyone could predict the batting lineup for Friday even if we kept the same team.

Back