Lamb and Salad

Durham salad..
I was just checking through the posts to see if you'd flown the Durham Salad flag yet - I remember we've talked about this before.
Has to be non-brewed condiment rather than 'vinegar' for me. And no sugar, I know some silly buggers did this. We just used to call it 'mint' in our house, both as a noun and as I've come to realise, an adjective.

I was just checking through the posts to see if you'd flown the Durham Salad flag yet - I remember we've talked about this before.
Has to be non-brewed condiment rather than 'vinegar' for me. And no sugar, I know some silly buggers did this. We just used to call it 'mint' in our house, both as a noun and as I've come to realise, an adjective.

Add a bit of sugar... Was just known as Salad in ours..

My sister in law chops some radish finely into it.. don't know why as it adds nowt but does look a bit more aesthetically pleasing

Add a bit of sugar... Was just known as Salad in ours..

My sister in law chops some radish finely into it.. don't know why as it adds nowt but does look a bit more aesthetically pleasing
I think, as I do every time this thread crops up, I'll get myself to the shops and get the ingredients to make some today. It's been a little while.

Back