L1 & L2 no transfer fees allowed

Sorry. I may be totally misreading the details of the bailout but I think you’re wrong here. We will only be subject to the transfer restrictions if we take the so-called ‘monitored’ grant’.

We get an immediate payoff of £375k. Then there is an additional payment based, proportionally, on gates receipts. This means Sunderland will inevitably receive the highest payout in L1 and L2.

Then they have set aside this ‘monitored grant’ – total of £20m between clubs across the two divisions – which in effect is an emergency fund for the most affected clubs. Those in dire financial need. It’s to specifically pay debts and wages. However this has strings attached – it can’t be used on transfer fees.

We will only be shackled on transfers if we take this up. Which I doubt we will.

Happy to be proven wrong but I believe they are the details.

thanks for that,i'd no idea about the conditions of those extra payments,if Donald et al are being truthful we shouldn't need them as the club could use the floating 10 million?

thanks for that,i'd no idea about the conditions of those extra payments,if Donald et al are being truthful we shouldn't need them as the club could use the floating 10 million?

The new management group, or whatever they are calling it, would have made a condition of their involvement in not saddling the club with any unnecessary debt (if not we are in trouble!).

Furthermore it would an utterly pointless exercise as it also means immediately spiting yourself with a transfer embargo when two very rich people are investing in and changing the whole structure of the club.

Back