L1 & L2 no transfer fees allowed

1982DurhamSAFC

Midfield
So as part of bail out / money handed down from the Premier League no transfer fees are allowed for L1 & L2 clubs.

With the above in mind we are going to have to get a tune out of what we have or use the loan or free transfer market well.

Tbf there's some decent players available on the free market however are they willing to play in L1 & also come for the little money we can now offer?

For me instead of sitting on your backside surely for the sake of 6 months min if you had any decency or desire to play football you'd take a punt to get back in the shop window at a club with great facilities.

Also we aren't a million miles away from the championship which is a decent level & more exposure.

We look like a club moving forward with the appointments being made.

Be interesting to see how the club plans ahead.

So as part of bail out / money handed down from the Premier League no transfer fees are allowed for L1 & L2 clubs.

With the above in mind we are going to have to get a tune out of what we have or use the loan or free transfer market well.

Tbf there's some decent players available on the free market however are they willing to play in L1 & also come for the little money we can now offer?

For me instead of sitting on your backside surely for the sake of 6 months min if you had any decency or desire to play football you'd take a punt to get back in the shop window at a club with great facilities.

Also we aren't a million miles away from the championship which is a decent level & more exposure.

A club moving forward.we wont move forward until the current owners eff off

What if we dont take any of the hand out?

We can use the loan market (hopefully better than we have since we dropped from the Prem). Clubs may be willing to send their players to us again now that we’re changing our approach.

Unless we were buying U21s we’d struggle to bring players in with the salary cap anyway.

We can use the loan market (hopefully better than we have since we dropped from the Prem). Clubs may be willing to send their players to us again now that we’re changing our approach.

Unless we were buying U21s we’d struggle to bring players in with the salary cap anyway.
I think we’ll be actively targeting u21’s.

Sorry. I may be totally misreading the details of the bailout but I think you’re wrong here. We will only be subject to the transfer restrictions if we take the so-called ‘monitored’ grant’.

We get an immediate payoff of £375k. Then there is an additional payment based, proportionally, on gates receipts. This means Sunderland will inevitably receive the highest payout in L1 and L2.

Then they have set aside this ‘monitored grant’ – total of £20m between clubs across the two divisions – which in effect is an emergency fund for the most affected clubs. Those in dire financial need. It’s to specifically pay debts and wages. However this has strings attached – it can’t be used on transfer fees.

We will only be shackled on transfers if we take this up. Which I doubt we will.

Happy to be proven wrong but I believe they are the details.

Same boat as everyone else, apart from the fact we can pay bigger promotion bonuses.....players get the money instead of the klerbs, where's the drama?

Hopefully we don’t take the money. We need a striker and a keeper for starters.

Sorry. I may be totally misreading the details of the bailout but I think you’re wrong here. We will only be subject to the transfer restrictions if we take the so-called ‘monitored’ grant’.

We get an immediate payoff of £375k. Then there is an additional payment based, proportionally, on gates receipts. This means Sunderland will inevitably receive the highest payout in L1 and L2.

Then they have set aside this ‘monitored grant’ – total of £20m between clubs across the two divisions – which in effect is an emergency fund for the most affected clubs. Those in dire financial need. It’s to specifically pay debts and wages. However this has strings attached – it can’t be used on transfer fees.

We will only be shackled on transfers if we take this up. Which I doubt we will.

Happy to be proven wrong but I believe they are the details.
I believe you’re right here. If clubs apply for a second grant from the monitored grant fund they will be subject to transfer and wage restrictions.

Back