Kyle Lafferty

Status
Not open for further replies.

What was he trying to type? A mistake, nonsense. A Digital Marketer who hasn’t researched a topic that he knew nothing about deserves the bullet.

If you don’t know, then check and decide. But he 100% knew the context.
The context was it's a song sang by rangers fans and northern Ireland fans about a player we have signed. A bit like Woll Griggs on fire. The mistake he made was not knowing the historical context which while unfortunate not the end of the world.

The context was it's a song sang by rangers fans and northern Ireland fans about a player we have signed. A bit like Woll Griggs on fire. The mistake he made was not knowing the historical context which while unfortunate not the end of the world.

I’m well aware of the context and the flute connotations. As was the poster.

Will Griggs song hasn’t got sectarian links or any negative links so isn’t a good analogy. And as I said if the poster didn’t know he should have research it...google would have solved the issue it seconds!

As a supposed professional at a multi million pound business he should be better prepared, more thorough and if he can’t be (like this) he should relieved of duties.

He would in any other industry.

Irrelevant in the grand scheme of things but the lad should have been dismissed for gross misconduct immediately. He hasn’t got a leg to stand on given his history,

“A genuine mistake” is akin to “some of my best friends are black” or Jolean Lescotts arse posting.

All bullshit and in a corporate situation the lad would have been summarily dismissed. Why a football club should be different is ludicrous.
Can someone not make a mistake these days? pretty sure the lad did this didn’t have a clue that the tweet would trigger this response. All sides of that shite argument love to play the victim-

This...
Honest mistake. People outraged over shite all.
...this...
Can someone not make a mistake these days? pretty sure the lad did this didn’t have a clue that the tweet would trigger this response. All sides of that shite argument love to play the victim-
....and this!

Last edited:
The bloke who runs our social media accounts is a bit of an idiot. He's always posting zany bantz. I'm glad this has bitten him on the arse. :lol:

It's like a competition at the moment, 'Who can embarrass the club with the thickest quote?!':lol:
We got there in the end.
pretty sure the lad did this didn’t have a clue that the tweet would trigger this response.

Errrrrhhhh THAT is the whole point man. It’s not the lad getting slagged off as much as the fact that SAFC are now so threadbare behind the scenes that it’s social media is ran by someone without the necessary worldliness required to do so.

Last edited:

Quite simply no. The excuse that he didn’t know isn’t good enough. And while I agree that the the blame culture of this world is wrong the truth of it in the most litigious period in our history is the fella would have gotten the bullet in most cases.

The very fact the he works in football and doesn’t know that that is not a situation to get involved in is ridiculous. He’s a tech guy that doesn’t use google to check facts if he does know the context?

Not saying I agree but the lad is very lucky to be in employment still.

Quite simply no. The excuse that he didn’t know isn’t good enough. And while I agree that the the blame culture of this world is wrong the truth of it in the most litigious period in our history is the fella would have gotten the bullet in most cases.

The very fact the he works in football and doesn’t know that that is not a situation to get involved in is ridiculous. He’s a tech guy that doesn’t use google to check facts if he does know the context?

Not saying I agree but the lad is very lucky to be in employment still.
It wasnt good like. SAFC shouldnt be getting involved in any bigotry...we should leave that to the experts in Glasgow.

However, its not the end of the world. Whoever allowed this to go out should get their backside kicked and we should move on. If i got sacked for every mistake I made at work I would have had a lot of jobs.

Pleased with the signing. I think Lafferty could have a big role to play.

We got there in the end.

Errrrrhhhh THAT is the whole point man. It’s not the lad getting slagged off as much as the fact that SAFC are now so threadbare behind the scenes that it’s social media is ran by someone without the necessary worldliness required to do so.

Standards are certainly slipping riff....
There's an article on the BBC News website today about a girl from Texas, entitled...

"My boyfriend dumped me, but how do I tell my cat?"

It wasnt good like. SAFC shouldnt be getting involved in any bigotry...we should leave that to the experts in Glasgow.

However, its not the end of the world. Whoever allowed this to go out should get their backside kicked and we should move on. If i got sacked for every mistake I made at work I would have had a lot of jobs.

I think the bottom line in that I’d expect him to be more aware!

But Lafferty is a bit of a shithouse by all accounts on and off the pitch and a poor trainer. All I’m clinging on to is that he knows this is his last shot at a big club (yes I understand the irony) but it’s a great place to feed an ego if you do well. And he’s got an ego.

I agree with you about Lafferty. I think he could do well. It seems like ages since we had a forward who was a prolific goalscorer even though Maja left just a year ago. Lafferty could be that one

I’m well aware of the context and the flute connotations. As was the poster.

Will Griggs song hasn’t got sectarian links or any negative links so isn’t a good analogy. And as I said if the poster didn’t know he should have research it...google would have solved the issue it seconds!

As a supposed professional at a multi million pound business he should be better prepared, more thorough and if he can’t be (like this) he should relieved of duties.

He would in any other industry.

That's the point, that's what makes it a good analogy.

2 chants that are innocent on the face of it so unless you know then it's easy to fall into the trap.

How someone wouldn't know the connotations I don't know, but I'm probably biased given my location.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back