Kubix Festival

Just hope there isn't a clash in my extensive social diary.

They can keep my money if they like. Massive kudos to everyone running this. Must be a nightmare.

We're away for two weekends in August so I'll be surprised if I get there - they can keep my money too - I'll be gutted if we miss it mind

We've spent over £500 on gigs this year so far - this has to be the last extension if they don't want to do permanent damage to a vital industry

We're away for two weekends in August so I'll be surprised if I get there - they can keep my money too - I'll be gutted if we miss it mind

We've spent over £500 on gigs this year so far - this has to be the last extension if they don't want to do permanent damage to a vital industry
Unless they are loading bodies on carts in the street, I am certain it is the last extension. I'm confident I'll get to Kendal Calling and Bingley Weekender the following weekend. I may be dead after that.

Whitty and Valance were asked yesterday about their modelling if we opened up on 21st of June and they came back with a load of waffle

Then we had Boris saying extending the restrictions on the entertainment industry will save thousands of lives - again without producing any evidence - they're full of shit

And then we have the wonderful sight of the G7 leaders having a party on a beach after elbow bumping in masks for the cameras

Forgive me for not taking these charlatans seriously when they seem hellbent on wiping out a massive part of our economy

A SAGE professor said on Radio 4 this morning that if the lockdown is lifted on July 19th there will potentially be hundreds of deaths per day. Why aren't journalists questioning this shit? They're effectively saying vaccines are a waste of time. I'm not going to Kubix but I always go to Let's Rock and I'm desperate to go to this gig but these science guys are just putting a massive downer on everything.

A SAGE professor said on Radio 4 this morning that if the lockdown is lifted on July 19th there will potentially be hundreds of deaths per day. Why aren't journalists questioning this shit? They're effectively saying vaccines are a waste of time. I'm not going to Kubix but I always go to Let's Rock and I'm desperate to go to this gig but these science guys are just putting a massive downer on everything.
Mates want to go to that and it could be fun. Some cracking bands on.

That's not what they're saying at all.
Whitty and Valance were asked yesterday about their modelling if we opened up on 21st of June and they came back with a load of waffle

Then we had Boris saying extending the restrictions on the entertainment industry will save thousands of lives - again without producing any evidence - they're full of shit

And then we have the wonderful sight of the G7 leaders having a party on a beach after elbow bumping in masks for the cameras

Forgive me for not taking these charlatans seriously when they seem hellbent on wiping out a massive part of our economy
As long as the virus is spreading like wildfire you can expect restrictions to be ongoing. It's unfortunate but that's the reality of the situation. People can't be walking about thinking they're invincible thanks to a jab. That's not how it works.

I agree the Government have been a shambles - they should never have all but promised a free for all come June 21st in the first place - but people need to appreciate that numbers still need to come down. Let's have a look and see how we get on with hospital admissions and see where we are in a few weeks. The current restrictions aren't that bad, but people need to be more careful.

Last edited:
As long as the virus is spreading like wildfire you can expect restrictions to be ongoing. It's unfortunate but that's the reality of the situation. People can't be walking about thinking they're invincible thanks to a jab. That's not how it works.
I think that is exactly how it works. The virus isn't going away. The only reason for this extension is because people aren't vaccinated.

Hundreds? As tragic as it is for those involved the flu causes tens of thousands and we don't hide from it

They're full of shit - and they've lost the plot - Gove on the tele this morning trying to defend the rule ignoring Prof Neil Ferguson and his hopeless past predictions
That's not what they're saying at all.

I agree the Government have been a shambles - they should never have all but promised a free for all come June 21st in the first place - but people need to appreciate that numbers still need to come down. Let's have a look and see how we get on with hospital admissions and see where we are in a few weeks. The current restrictions aren't that bad, but people need to be more careful.

"Spreading like wildfire" :lol:

Get a grip man will you - even ministers are admitting the link between the virus and serious illness or death has been broken

The pubs opened indoors 5 weeks ago yet the average deaths per day are 8 (eight) who died WITH covid

SAGE are a shambles

Last edited by a moderator:
double vaccines give you about 85% protection , once the younger folk get their jabs we will just have to live with it and crack on

Hundreds? As tragic as it is for those involved the flu causes tens of thousands and we don't hide from it

They're full of shit - and they've lost the plot - Gove on the tele this morning trying to defend the rule ignoring Prof Neil Ferguson and his hopeless past predictions

"Spreading like wildfire" :lol:

Get a grip man will you - even ministers are admitting the link between the virus and serious illness or death has been broken

The pubs opened indoors 5 weeks ago yet the average deaths per day are 8 (eight) who died WITH covid

SAGE are a shambles
Numbers are going up.

I've had me first jab, but I'd rather not lose me sense of taste when I can happily book a table for a meal out with the wife.

Just engage ya brain and grow up man.

Numbers are going up.

I've had me first jab, but I'd rather not lose me sense of taste when I can happily book a table for a meal out with the wife.

Just engage ya brain and grow up man.

Stop using emotive nonsensical language then

It is not spreading like wildfire at all and even where the cases are going up the deaths and serious illness are barely moving - 5 weeks after pubs and restaurants opened indoors

If it's no longer about stopping the NHS from being overwhelmed they need to tells us what it is we're hiding from - because that joke of a briefing yesterday told us nowt

Back