Kubix Festival

Ticket sales must be terrible mind. I was anticipating the “shuttle bus” service to comprise a fleet of mini buses running from town all day. Turns out it’s a single bus leaving park lane at 10.45. I’m not leaving the caravan til about 9 so ill probably not even be home by then. Currently trying to work out The cheapest way to get there from Fulwell. Taxi or metro/taxi?

This event still looks as tragic as when it was first posted.
In what way is it tragic? A load of much loved bands and a new band playing much loved songs. And the boomtown rats.

Ticket sales must be terrible mind. I was anticipating the “shuttle bus” service to comprise a fleet of mini buses running from town all day. Turns out it’s a single bus leaving park lane at 10.45. I’m not leaving the caravan til about 9 so ill probably not even be home by then. Currently trying to work out The cheapest way to get there from Fulwell. Taxi or metro/taxi?

In what way is it tragic? A load of much loved bands and a new band playing much loved songs. And the boomtown rats.

nearest metro station is probably south hylton, still miles away

Can get 35 to Herrington from Park Lane. Metro to PL.

Get the 2 or 78 from outside fitzies. But if there's 2 or 3 of you, you might aswell get a taxi

:lol:

They’ve got a few decent tunes man
Did you see the Urban Myths comedy about Live Aid on Sky Arts?
Midge and Bob arguing over who got highest billing
Midge: How long’s your set?
Bob; I dunno....20 minutes?
Midge: It’s 18 minutes. I checked. What are you going to do for 18 minutes? Play your hit 4 times?

Midge: It’s 18 minutes. I checked. What are you going to do for 18 minutes? Play your hit 4 times?

Well the Rats had more number one hits than Midge for a start.

Nah, haven’t seen it.

Lookin’ After No.1, Rat Trap & She’s So Modern are all cracking tunes

Nah, haven’t seen it.

Lookin’ After No.1, Rat Trap & She’s So Modern are all cracking tunes

You can add Like Clockwork, Someone's Looking At You and Diamond Smiles to that list for me. Canny band, just that Bob was very unlikeable.

You can add Like Clockwork, Someone's Looking At You and Diamond Smiles to that list for me. Canny band, just that Bob was very unlikeable.
The key with this little group of bands is whether they can still do it live and knock a decent tune out.The answer seems to be yes for most of them.Even the ropey ones seem to have sorted themselves out

Looking at the line up, I think I will just dig out a few cassettes I recorded off the radio back in the day, then sit in my backyard

Back