Kieron Brady

Status
Not open for further replies.
What because he used to do keepy ups on the warm ups??

Couldnt keep off the piss man, f***ing wasted his talent.
And aye he had the problem with his legs in the end but imo he brought a lot of that on himself.

No different to many other players at that time in terms of drinking. He was treated unfairly and at a time where players of his ilk were seen as a luxury. Even on goals to games he deserved to be in the side. Under Butcher it was an absolute disgrace when he went out on loan scored 3 goals in 4 games at Donny and was MOTM in every one, came back and couldn't get near the squad when we were being treated to Mooney and Colquoun and couldn't buy a goal.

Although we won the case against us he won a settlement from two doctors who worked at a Sunderland to properly diagnose and treat his injury. How do you know or have any idea he brought that on himself, were you treating him?

No different to many other players at that time in terms of drinking. He was treated unfairly and at a time where players of his ilk were seen as a luxury. Even on goals to games he deserved to be in the side. Under Butcher it was an absolute disgrace when he went out on loan scored 3 goals in 4 games at Donny and was MOTM in every one, came back and couldn't get near the squad when we were being treated to Mooney and Colquoun and couldn't buy a goal.

Although we won the case against us he won a settlement from two doctors who worked at a Sunderland to properly diagnose and treat his injury. How do you know or have any idea he brought that on himself, were you treating him?

there were obvious reasons he never got in the team at the time, struggled with his weight as he couldnt keep off the pop.
Brought it on himself meaning if you dont look after yourself shit happens mate

i knew him through another player at the time, im not having a dig just making a point that people only seem to remember the one game etc and not the big picture, different managers didnt play him for a reason, so lets not get all emotional over fact he was an alright player who if hed applied himself right could have had a canny career.

Last edited:
there were obvious reasons he never got in the team at the time, struggled with his weight as he couldnt keep off the pop.
Brought it on himself meaning if you dont look after yourself shit happens mate

i knew him through another player at the time, im not having a dig just making a point that people only seem to remember the one game etc and not the big picture, different managers didnt play him for a reason, so lets not get all emotional over fact he was an alright player who if hed applied himself right could have had a canny career.

most players at that time over did it on the sauce, it's a poor lazy excuse aimed towards the more skilful players of the day. The fact he couldn't run all day was also due to the disorder he had and wasn't picked up early enough. At the same time he was playing Brian Atkinson who was more of a grafter often got included ahead of Brady and he wasn't exactly thin and seemed to carry weight as well. Marcos weight was up and down as well.

I don't just remember the West Hame game, I remember early ones and later ones. He was treated poorly - he'd come in and play well, have one off game or the team would and you wouldn't see him for a month. The same rarely happened to others in the same way.

Malbranque and Sessegnon were brilliant.

Surprised such little mention for Kirchhoff, he made the game look easy. So talented, If he wasn't made of poppadum's he would be playing for a top side.

Natural talent to me means someone who could rock up out of shape without training and still look better than the defender he is taking on. Brady fits the bill no matter his faults. He just had the ability to beat a man without touching the ball, simply by his body movement. Only other players I remember watching for us with similar ability would be Magic, Sess and McGeady.

All of these players blow hot and cold, that is simply the nature of the beast. Fans love them though because they can change the game in a split second with a moment of magic. Still remember that game against West Ham, poor George Parris must have had body strain after that game, he was turned inside out countless times!!

most players at that time over did it on the sauce, it's a poor lazy excuse aimed towards the more skilful players of the day. The fact he couldn't run all day was also due to the disorder he had and wasn't picked up early enough. At the same time he was playing Brian Atkinson who was more of a grafter often got included ahead of Brady and he wasn't exactly thin and seemed to carry weight as well. Marcos weight was up and down as well.

I don't just remember the West Hame game, I remember early ones and later ones. He was treated poorly - he'd come in and play well, have one off game or the team would and you wouldn't see him for a month. The same rarely happened to others in the same way.
It seemed like Denis Smith held something against Kieran Brady. I personally think he held him back.
He hardly played any games in the 90/91 season when we were woefully short of players.

Natural talent to me means someone who could rock up out of shape without training and still look better than the defender he is taking on. Brady fits the bill no matter his faults. He just had the ability to beat a man without touching the ball, simply by his body movement. Only other players I remember watching for us with similar ability would be Magic, Sess and McGeady.

All of these players blow hot and cold, that is simply the nature of the beast. Fans love them though because they can change the game in a split second with a moment of magic. Still remember that game against West Ham, poor George Parris must have had body strain after that game, he was turned inside out countless times!!
Totally agree with your synopsis of natural talent.

The only performance I can recall which came close was when Leighton James turned Ray Stewart inside out....we still lost 1-0, Dave Swindlehurst with the goal, of course he was absolutely sh!te when he signed for us of course.

Very few of us are old enough to remember him, but according to me ald Dad Len Shackleton was the best, and still is according to him.
My dad says the same, or rather lectures me about it, the latest episode was just this morning “...son you don’t realise how good he was and he hated the Mags”:cool:

Zenden and Steed... just class :cool:

Shout out for Richardson as well, played all over.. smash a cracker past the filth, what's not to like :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back