Kieron Brady

Status
Not open for further replies.
That may or may not be true, but he was the most naturally talented Sunderland I have seen in 33 years. It was more than just that West Ham game too.

What because he used to do keepy ups on the warm ups??

Couldnt keep off the piss man, f***ing wasted his talent.
And aye he had the problem with his legs in the end but imo he brought a lot of that on himself.

Most naturally talented player you’ve seen play for Sunderland?

If not then who?

Martin Smith? Chris Waddle? Julio Arca? Lee Cattermole?
If the question is who is the most naturally talented player I’ve ever seen play for Sunderland, then answering that question on its literal terms, Djibril Cisse. Closely followed by Steve Bould.

Last edited by a moderator:
What because he used to do keepy ups on the warm ups??

Couldnt keep off the piss man, f***ing wasted his talent.
And aye he had the problem with his legs in the end but imo he brought a lot of that on himself.
Aye he had a problem but much of it was brought on by boredom and lack of guidance, I heard a story may or not be true. Anyway here goes.

Father watching his kids play tennis and Brady who was watching drinking a four pack asked if he could play, he didn’t have a racket so he played with his feet and kids hit with their rackets, Kieron won, anyway the dad asked the question we would all pose about why he was in a park drinking just after lunch time and he replied he was just bored, was away from home with no mates, his training finished at lunchtime and had nothing to do, was just in digs and no academy structure and no guidance.

I would hope today that youngsters at a club are given a bit more help, young lads away away from home must find it hard, we imagine it’s easy when you have the world at your feet but they are only kids and back then without the academy structure easy to see how it went tits up.

He made a total of 33 appearances. Final live made 34.
I witnessed most of these and had some stunning games, and some very average games.

Over the years he has grown into a monster that makes him the best player ever to play for Sunderland. It was that long ago I can remember my excitement but certainly not enough for the praise dished out here every other month.

Very early demise but not enough for a plaque on the hall of fame ffs.

He made a total of 33 appearances. Final live made 34.
I witnessed most of these and had some stunning games, and some very average games.

Over the years he has grown into a monster that makes him the best player ever to play for Sunderland. It was that long ago I can remember my excitement but certainly not enough for the praise dished out here every other month.

Very early demise but not enough for a plaque on the hall of fame ffs.

That’s still missing the point though.

Kevin Phillips for me. He may not have been dribbling round players but could score any type of goal possible from any type of angle.
Malbranque had unbelievable quality with the ball but couldn't finish his dinner.
Summerbee could deliver a ball of the like I've never seen before or since.
Gabbiadini was the most explosive centre forward I've ever seen and could move faster from a standing position than most having a run up.
Also, an honourable mention for Gatesy who was class when he could be arsed

Has to be Len Shackleton by a mile,when he could be arsed. I watched him playing keepy up during a match and nobody could get the ball off him. Remembering this was the era of the heavy leather football. Jim Baxter would be my second choice although he was past his best when we got him.

Has to be Len Shackleton by a mile,when he could be arsed. I watched him playing keepy up during a match and nobody could get the ball off him. Remembering this was the era of the heavy leather football. Jim Baxter would be my second choice although he was past his best when we got him.

You've just said exactly what my old man says about these two

Could extol the virtues of Shack all day but wasn't his favourite player

Top bloke didn’t live too far from where we grew up and he would often have a kick about with local kids....unbelievable natural ability

Signed for us in 65 (aged 26)played te england keepy uppy game in 67 ....may have been past his best but still played the game like a stroll in the park!Truely a world class player! destroyed by drink!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back