BBC Kevin Phillips: Ex-Sunderland and England striker named South Shields boss

Tbh they would have been promoted out of the league before with Fenton it it wasn’t for Covid, so obviously great to get promoted but it was not like an amazing feat,also must be only full time club in the league, it was all in place for him to do well, personally I would judge him as a coach after his next job.

Still have no idea why they got rid of Fenton. He's a cracking manager/coach for that level.

🤮🤮🤮 Id bring back the death penalty for people like that.

I know one who still goes to the games, appently it’s proper football and he does seem to love it. See how he feels one day when they are struggling or mid table but im the lower reaches of english footy
Stone the f****r would be more in keeping with his new team

If I'm reading your username right, you're from Sheelz and don't give a f*ck about your home town team. That's embarrassing, if so.
I mean, you don't have to give them your support but to not give a f*ck... :oops:
Comments like yours are embarrassing …
Only around 25 “ fans” gave a fcuk around 6 yrs ago , watching them at Peterlee ..
dry your eyes darling

I am not ITK but I have been to some Shields games. The setup there looks excellent. Their recent promotion hopefully will allow them to push on to greater success.

UTM
Similar to myself. I have seen Shields 3 times this season and watched them an odd time in Northern League and remember Simonside Hall days ( only just ! ) . From what I understand, Thompson paid about a million for an old warehouse on land behind the ground which he has now had cleared and started building about 70 houses on. This should net him a two or three million profit approximately and after the money he has put into the football club, leave him with something. Good luck to him. If he wants to take the club further he will have the finance to do so.
Yes, but things change. There was only 8000 Sunderland fans at Roker Park when we beat Swindon 5-1

Now there are a lot more fans at the Stadium.

(Apologies @Swindon On Tour for the bad memories!)
Swindon.. was that the game we were 5 up at half time ..
Football certainly has changed. I remember 12000 watching Durban's team in the top flight.

Last edited:
Travel and away overnight stays are paid for by the national league at North/south level if over 200 miles journey.

They take 10% of gate money just like every non league does to fund it.
Where do you get that idea from?
Darlington for example regularly have either individual fans pay for overnight stays or the supporters club bus raffles are used over a season to pay for the team's overnight stays.
richer clubs do overnight stays, poorer clubs do not. If league paid the costs, all clubs would have overnight stays.

I think you are possibly confusing FA Vase / FA Trophy rules with the situation in NLN/S

Comments like yours are embarrassing …
Only around 25 “ fans” gave a fcuk around 6 yrs ago , watching them at Peterlee ..
dry your eyes darling
I used to go and see them every other week at Jack Clarke Park, in the 70s, when there were only about 10 of us there. It didn't matter. I went to Roker one week and there the next.
Travelling to Peterlee is a totally different thing anyway, though, but whatever way you look at it, not giving a f*ck about your home town team is, indeed, embarrassing.

Yes, but things change. There was only 8000 Sunderland fans at Roker Park when we beat Swindon 5-1

Now there are a lot more fans at the Stadium.

(Apologies @Swindon On Tour for the bad memories!)
Ahh I know “ things change.”
I know plenty of former “ die hard” lads
I used to go and see them every other week at Jack Clarke Park, in the 70s, when there were only about 10 of us there. It didn't matter. I went to Roker one week and there the next.
Travelling to Peterlee is a totally different thing anyway, though, but whatever way you look at it, not giving a f*ck about your home town team is, indeed, embarrassing.
Luckily there’s loads of lads fans from shields who didn’t desert the SAFC when going got tough.. only thing embarrassing is your sopping wet minge comments.
Apt username mind 🤣

Back