BBC Kevin Phillips: Ex-Sunderland and England striker named South Shields boss

The owner emailed him on Monday asking him to take a pay cut and that they're slashing the playing budget, and said "I understand if you want to leave" 😀 They wanted him gone to cut the finances down as the owner wants to sell

The owner emailed him on Monday asking him to take a pay cut and that they're slashing the playing budget, and said "I understand if you want to leave" 😀 They wanted him gone to cut the finances down as the owner wants to sell

Why does he want to sell? Taken them as far as he can? Would think the budgets will really start to increase now in terms of wages and travel to away games etc.

What was the point in getting promoted if they're just going to slash the playing budget once it's done, I was always under the impression shields were planning on getting into the football league.

Why does he want to sell? Taken them as far as he can? Would think the budgets will really start to increase now in terms of wages and travel to away games etc.
Tbh they would have been promoted out of the league before with Fenton it it wasn’t for Covid, so obviously great to get promoted but it was not like an amazing feat,also must be only full time club in the league, it was all in place for him to do well, personally I would judge him as a coach after his next job.

You must have been watching different games to me and have rather unrealistic expectations

No they got promoted through the play offs, Shields finished several points ahead of them in 2nd. I agree with you, every chance we will be up there next year
They only dropped points in 20 odds games last season and they were to Shields

Travel and away overnight stays are paid for by the national league at North/south level if over 200 miles journey.

They take 10% of gate money just like every non league does to fund it.

Back