Kevin Keegan book extracts: ‘I was sick of them'

Well I’d seen Xisco play. Seen him score at the bernabau after four minutes anarl with a far post tap in. The other Depor lads were glaring at him as if to say “WTF did you do that for FFS, they’ll hammer us now you twat”. They did 4-1. Beckham, Zidane, RvN, them two centre half twats, Robierio ( little Brazilian who was at City for a spell), Cadillacs, Carlos etc etc. Can’t remember if Figo was still there.

Xisco was nivver gonna be a PL player in a million years. Too small, too weak, too slow, too skill less, too spineless. It’s possible to perm three or four from five and get away with it but nee chance with a flush of shiteness. Colocini or De Guzman on the other hand had PL all ower them.....unlike Lucque whose signing was also suspicious to anyone who’d seen him play live in the flesh.

Casillas ffs!

In fact I think Mo Salas orrible marra May of been RB.

Got mentioned as part of the Stevens inquiry into football corruption.

In relation to the Luque transfer: “The inquiry still has unanswered questions relating to possible payments made by agent Francis Martin, who Newcastle officials believed was working for the selling club.”

2006 English football corruption investigation - Wikipedia

I've read the extracts, and they are easy enough to believe. If it comes down to Keegan or Dennis Wise, I know who I'd trust.

Mind,away from the football, what the tight fecker was doing parking in a lay by instead of getting a hotel room is baffling to say the least.

Too slight and slow for PL.
I’d badgered a couple of safc employees for a while concerning Colo and De Guzman back then. They were obviously cut out for the PL. may of stood safc in good stead to get the younger De Guzman before he went to Swansea. He nivver fulfilled his potential either as he was down as Hollands back up to RvP and the ex Chelsea and Madrid now Bayern Dutch winger in their 2010 WC Squad whose name I can nivver remember when both needed late fitness tests prior to the tournament starting.

Arsenal Robben!

Aryen ffs

Absolutely destroyed man united in a champions league game one year. But i agree he was weak as water and injury prone, which isn't his fault, but definitely not premier league material.

Absolutely destroyed man united in a champions league game one year. But i agree he was weak as water and injury prone, which isn't his fault, but definitely not premier league material.
True but he nivver destroyed anyone on his own. For a short spell Depor had the best team on the planet. I saw em v Arsenal back then and tbh I’d nivver heard of em but shell shocked would be an understatement for both me the goo nets I went with and both their crowd n team. Unplayable.
Although back then they only had eleven players plus Roy Makaay on the bench. One injury or suspension and they were back in the chasing pack with the also rans.
Stick Real, Barca, Juve, Milan, Bayern, Utd etc etcs best XI at the time out and Depors best XI would’ve ripped em to shreds before half time to the extent that they’d have to be forced back out onto the pitch at gun point. Witness the Real 100th anniversary FA Cup Final which was moved by a few weeks to be played on their anniversary in which El Galacticos were 2-0 down after 20 mins in the Bernabau and nivver touched the ball afterwards as proof.
Shame as they’re €100m plus euros in debt now and gonna be yo yoing between the divisions until it’s paid off which could be 50 yrs or so in the future. How El Presidente walked away a free man is beyond me. Meanwhile the richest man in Europe is a season ticket holder who attends every home game with his childhood match going marras but doesn’t want to get involved.........mebbes when he snuffs it he may leave em a present.
Crackin little city anarl.

I've read the extracts, and they are easy enough to believe. If it comes down to Keegan or Dennis Wise, I know who I'd trust.

Mind,away from the football, what the tight fecker was doing parking in a lay by instead of getting a hotel room is baffling to say the least.
I wouldn’t trust wise as far etc...
I’ve come ower with driving fatigue or wtf they call it and you feel yourself happily falling asleep knowing you’re driving. I was about twenty miles from work in Glasgow on the M72 or whatever at the time and had to pull over. Luckily a van of Yorkshire lads from the site came along after I’d pulled over and one drove my car to the job. They’d all experienced it. It’s a weird experience that although people had described to me I thought it was bullshit. It’s not.
Whether KKs story is bollocks or not I don’t know but it’s not summit I want to experience again

Last edited:
I like Special K - top fella.
Ok, so he wears his heart on his sleeve, so what ?

Back