Kevin Keegan book extracts: ‘I was sick of them'

Full article reproduced on nufc.com for anybody who doesn't pay for the Times.
Interesting stuff about signing players as a favour to agents. Dennis Wise doesn't come out too favourably.

It’s shocking like and no doubt is much more widespread than just this episode up the road. Basically spunking several million of the clubs money as a favour! Then it’s the poor back room staff that all get made redundant when it comes home to roost. Wolves and Mendes? Mind all their players seem to be mint in fairness - but has he chucked a few ‘fillers’ their way aswell to get some extra cash. Not close enough to their squad in fairness to know...

Keegan, a bit like Robson is one of the mag managers it’s difficult to dislike too much even if he is a bit owa keen on sickly cliches. I certainly wouldn’t trust that odious twat Dennis Wise as far as I could throw him. What a poisonous little dwarf he always has been

It’s shocking like and no doubt is much more widespread than just this episode up the road. Basically spunking several million of the clubs money as a favour! Then it’s the poor back room staff that all get made redundant when it comes home to roost. Wolves and Mendes? Mind all their players seem to be mint in fairness - but has he chucked a few ‘fillers’ their way aswell to get some extra cash. Not close enough to their squad in fairness to know...

Keegan, a bit like Robson is one of the mag managers it’s difficult to dislike too much even if he is a bit owa keen on sickly cliches. I certainly wouldn’t trust that odious twat Dennis Wise as far as I could throw him. What a poisonous little dwarf he always has been

Makes you think how many managers just go along with it in order to keep a job.
Newcastle signed Facundo Ferreya on a season long loan for £2m back in 2014 and he never even got a game.

Newcastle signing a player for £5.7m on 60k a week who they knew wasn't good enough but did it as a favour to an agent is crazy, clearly doesn't just happen at Newcastle either.

It was the other player who they “parked” as a favour mate. Someone at the club actually thought Xisco was a good investment :lol:

9 games, 1 goal over 4 seasons.

What were the main points as I don't subscribe online or buy The Times?

50p and I’ll tell you :lol:

More than fair summary.

My favourite Wise anecdote comes from a Chelsea cup final v Man United. United won 4-0 iirc...Chelsea lucky to to get nil...United were awarded a pen and, as Cantona strolled up to dispatch, Wise chirped up

' Bet you 50 quid you miss'

Cantona shrugged, said ' Make it a hundred' and rolled the ball past a hapless custodian.

Wise didn't pay up...

Well I’d seen Xisco play. Seen him score at the bernabau after four minutes anarl with a far post tap in. The other Depor lads were glaring at him as if to say “WTF did you do that for FFS, they’ll hammer us now you twat”. They did 4-1. Beckham, Zidane, RvN, them two centre half twats, Robierio ( little Brazilian who was at City for a spell), Cadillacs, Carlos etc etc. Can’t remember if Figo was still there.

Xisco was nivver gonna be a PL player in a million years. Too small, too weak, too slow, too skill less, too spineless. It’s possible to perm three or four from five and get away with it but nee chance with a flush of shiteness. Colocini or De Guzman on the other hand had PL all ower them.....unlike Lucque whose signing was also suspicious to anyone who’d seen him play live in the flesh.

Casillas ffs!

In fact I think Mo Salas orrible marra May of been RB.

Well I’d seen Xisco play. Seen him score at the bernabau after four minutes anarl with a far post tap in. The other Depor lads were glaring at him as if to say “WTF did you do that for FFS, they’ll hammer us now you twat”. They did 4-1. Beckham, Zidane, RvN, them two centre half twats, Robierio ( little Brazilian who was at City for a spell), Cadillacs, Carlos etc etc. Can’t remember if Figo was still there.

Xisco was nivver gonna be a PL player in a million years. Too small, too weak, too slow, too skill less, too spineless. It’s possible to perm three or four from five and get away with it but nee chance with a flush of shiteness. Colocini or De Guzman on the other hand had PL all ower them.....unlike Lucque whose signing was also suspicious to anyone who’d seen him play live in the flesh.

Casillas ffs!

In fact I think Mo Salas orrible marra May of been RB.

Was quotes from Luque after he left us and went to Ajax saying he never wanted to come but Depor had accepted a bid so out of courtesy he met with Newcastle representatives. To try and blow the deal out the water he asked for 90k a week. Newcastle accepted his demands. Think he was on less than 20k a week at Depor, so he said out of responsibility to himself and his family he had to take the deal as the money was too good to turn down

Was quotes from Luque after he left us and went to Ajax saying he never wanted to come but Depor had accepted a bid so out of courtesy he met with Newcastle representatives. To try and blow the deal out the water he asked for 90k a week. Newcastle accepted his demands. Think he was on less than 20k a week at Depor, so he said out of responsibility to himself and his family he had to take the deal as the money was too good to turn down
Too slight and slow for PL.
I’d badgered a couple of safc employees for a while concerning Colo and De Guzman back then. They were obviously cut out for the PL. may of stood safc in good stead to get the younger De Guzman before he went to Swansea. He nivver fulfilled his potential either as he was down as Hollands back up to RvP and the ex Chelsea and Madrid now Bayern Dutch winger in their 2010 WC Squad whose name I can nivver remember when both needed late fitness tests prior to the tournament starting.

Arsenal Robben!

Aryen ffs

Back