Kenwyne Jones podcast

Wasn't that game. We lost 0-1, when Terry raved on about him afterwards. Terry got the goal.

Gerrin :cool:
Edit. Summerbee talking about Quinny flattening 25 pints of Guinness with ease :lol:
I don't remember that one tbf, do remember Kenwyne playing well in that game against Chelsea, it finished 3-2 didn't it?

Doesn't show you much of the game but that leap man.

For some reason he's a player I just don't remember much about. Remember his first goal, missing a chance through on goal at Anfield, back flips with Cisse and the challenge that injured him. Can't think of another goal he scored off the top of my head bar a screamer for Stoke. Always liked him as well.

Wasn't that game. We lost 0-1, when Terry raved on about him afterwards. Terry got the goal.

Gerrin :cool:
Edit. Summerbee talking about Quinny flattening 25 pints of Guinness with ease :lol:
I did in with SKP a few months before Covid, and I asked him who the best drinker was.

He told this story about Quinny seeing a bar with an advertisement that said if you could drink 17-18 pints of Guinness when they were in Marbella in pre-season, you'd get a few hundred quid or the table drank for free or summit. Quinny drank them, sozled and his white shirt had turned Guinness black.

They all had training the next morning and, as Quinny had to be put in a taxi, they thought it he'd be in pieces. Said all the other lads were hanging out their arse and saying "I bet Quinny is last on the coach to training" and he was first on, right as rain 😂

One other person mentioned that. Did you listen via Apple? That's where the problem seemed to come in.

The audio was a bit of a challenge on this so Kenwyne was quiet as anything, but I had fixed it, yet the apple upload didn't seem to play ball for some reason (same file, so maybe apple reduce the quality?)

I’m struggling to hear it through Apple. A shame as it sounds as if it’s really good.

Apoligies for sharing my stuff again, but figured plenty people would like to hear this.

Strong opinions on Keane and Bruce, great insight and, I must admit, he suprised me at how honest he was about stuff.

Good sense of humour too and, on his day, one of the best I've seen in red and white.

Really enjoyed listening to this.

Thanks for recording it.

Just caught up with this today. He speaks well.

I remember him getting criticised for being laid back at the time but honestly he was one of the bravest players I can remember for us. He would put his head and body in anywhere for the ball.

Got round to listening to this yesterday. I have to say I think it was one of the best podcasts yet. I don't know why, but I wasn't expecting Kenwyne to be so interesting and honest....an excellent insight into the good side and bad side of the Quinny chairman era.

Absolutely how I felt mate. I'm gagging for a part 2.
Came across as a really bright, level headed guy....not surprised he is now having a successful career off the pitch.

Was also interesting to hear how the injury massively impacted his confidence and cost him the chance to be that 'unplayable striker' for a longer time.

Was a great and very exciting signing for us on our return to the top flight..... the type of signing we should be looking for now (not the £6m price tag, but more the kind of young, fast, strong....pissed off with the lack of opportunities at their current club, hungry to prove people wrong).

Apoligies for sharing my stuff again, but figured plenty people would like to hear this.

Strong opinions on Keane and Bruce, great insight and, I must admit, he suprised me at how honest he was about stuff.

Good sense of humour too and, on his day, one of the best I've seen in red and white.

I enjoyed this but the sound was extremely low. Thought it may have been the volume on my phone but other stuff is louder and even on my car radio via Bluetooth was also low at top volume.

There have been a few others which have also been a bit low in volume bit mostly it's alright.

Cheers and keep up the good work.

Back