Kenwyne Jones podcast

Interesting. I listen through Podcast Addict but I'm sure it pulls the streams from Apple so that may be the issue. I've listened to a few of your pods and this was the only one where the sound was problematic. It wasn't a big deal though, just the odd bit dropped a bit too low.
Firstly thank you, but if you get a second, could you try it on the other platforms and see if theres a difference?

One other person mentioned that. Did you listen via Apple? That's where the problem seemed to come in.

The audio was a bit of a challenge on this so Kenwyne was quiet as anything, but I had fixed it, yet the apple upload didn't seem to play ball for some reason (same file, so maybe apple reduce the quality?)
It was fine for me through Apple, didn't notice anything at all. Keep up the good work

I’ve no idea if Gyan wore his. I wasn’t informed about Gyan. Start a Gyan thread and someone may be able to tell you.

I was though informed of Jones not wearing his. This being a Jones themed thread I thought some posters may be interested. Also of the contrast that summer with the application of the other player I named that was highlighted to all at safc that summer. Heading the ball away when under the cosh is irrelevant and illustrates you’ve missed my point completely. Coming back from the summer holidays a week or two behind everyone else in fitness levels screws up the clubs preseason plans. That illustrates a poor attitude and was my initial point upthread. Jones fans liking It or not.

I wouldn’t say one of the players I named upthread (not Gyan, you brought him to the party) was particularly more naturally talented than the other but their careers showed the difference application and professionalism can make. As another poster pointed out upthread football is a small world and word gets around both good n indifferent.

Prior to his injury Jones had the world at his feet. After his injury did his application and professionalism increase to make up the difference in a similar way the other player mentioned did at Liverpool when it looked like he was being eased out? I’ve no idea. I wasn’t kept up to date with his every off field antic......just the summer he ignored the training regime set out by the club for him. Thus letting down his club, fans, coaches, manager, board, team mates etc when arriving back for preseason a week or so behind everyone else.

Anyway I’m done on this thread as I’ve no interest in Gyan...

Sorry bud I’m not wanting to argue but I used gyan(plus countless others) who were visibly lazy/Had a bad attitude while they were here. If your mate gave you that info fair enough but I saw nothing in his time here to suggest otherwise than he was fully commited.
The lad left his mark(top 5 striker I’ve seen since following the lads in 96 as a kid), we made 2 million profit when we sold him due to that useless fucker Bruce pushing him out the door. That interview he came across as honest and some fans just never accepted him while he was here coz he wouldn’t run about like a headless chicken chasing shadows.

It is obvious that bent got a raw deal from the club and we turned against him. The rot set in with Bruce and the start of the selling.
Jones was excellent in this interview.

It is obvious that bent got a raw deal from the club and we turned against him. The rot set in with Bruce and the start of the selling.
Jones was excellent in this interview.

I’ll say it again, I’ve never seen a player look as devastated as he did at his Aston Villa unveiling :lol:

Apoligies for sharing my stuff again, but figured plenty people would like to hear this.

Strong opinions on Keane and Bruce, great insight and, I must admit, he suprised me at how honest he was about stuff.

Good sense of humour too and, on his day, one of the best I've seen in red and white.

Not at shooting, great in the air, could pass players like they weren't there but would scuff shot after shot after shot.

Great podcast mate.

A game that sticks out to me is a random one against Hull. Think we won 6-2 or something strange like that, but Jones ran them absolutely ragged. They couldn't handle him at all. May have been Turner at CB for Hull.

Great podcast mate.

A game that sticks out to me is a random one against Hull. Think we won 6-2 or something strange like that, but Jones ran them absolutely ragged. They couldn't handle him at all. May have been Turner at CB for Hull.
5-2! Think you're thinking of Wolves? Although we did beat Hull 4-1 a few weeks before. We'd just signed Turner and he scored in both I think, although one went down as a OG.

Enjoyed that. Steed sprung straight to mind when you asked who was the best player and he said it. Bloke was a magician. Anyways brung back a lot of memories, thanks, will listen to more!

Sorry bud I’m not wanting to argue but I used gyan(plus countless others) who were visibly lazy/Had a bad attitude while they were here. If your mate gave you that info fair enough but I saw nothing in his time here to suggest otherwise than he was fully commited.
The lad left his mark(top 5 striker I’ve seen since following the lads in 96 as a kid), we made 2 million profit when we sold him due to that useless fucker Bruce pushing him out the door. That interview he came across as honest and some fans just never accepted him while he was here coz he wouldn’t run about like a headless chicken chasing shadows.
Do you really think Bruce wanted to start shovelling these lads out of the door?

An excellent listen! Thank you for this
Anytime. Thanks for giving it the time to listen to :)
Enjoyed that. Steed sprung straight to mind when you asked who was the best player and he said it. Bloke was a magician. Anyways brung back a lot of memories, thanks, will listen to more!
Thanks mate. Plenty sunderland content on there and a weekly preview show on SAFC if it's your thing.

Back