Keep feeding those birds during the snowy weather

Put a couple of feeders out. They haven't been touched. I live on a new build estate so none of the gardens have got any foliage yet. I hardly see any birds. Not sure what else I can do.

Will take time mate.
Don’t put too much in as need to stop the feed decaying.
Could take months, just be patient and once they find it keep feeding.
👍
It's mer bleue hiking trail in Eastern ontario, though I see lots of turkeys around in wood edges and scrub, visible against the snow.
Logon or register to see this image

Love your pictures mate.

Last edited:
f***ing black and white vermin raided the blackbird nest yesterday. Parents screaming like hell, chilling. I thought they'd seen them off and then hear a fluttering in the living room, a young blackbird hiding behind the settee. Put it in a wild bit of the garden and the parents found it but I don't hold out much hope for it

Well first time today there's been birds feeding and having a bath. Hopefully that's the start of them using it now.
Turns out it wasn't, I've got fat balls, seeds and a bath. Other than that one day theyve never been back. I'm surrounded by farmland. Only thing I've seen in the garden is a finch and a magpie. Both on the grass.
I've planted some shrubs now so hopefully once they have grown it will give them natural cover.

The swifts are back which is a good sight
Are you sure? That’s over two or three weeks earlier than usual.
f***ing black and white vermin raided the blackbird nest yesterday. Parents screaming like hell, chilling. I thought they'd seen them off and then hear a fluttering in the living room, a young blackbird hiding behind the settee. Put it in a wild bit of the garden and the parents found it but I don't hold out much hope for it
Lost eggs from a Robin and Blackbird nests. I thought the snowy weather two weeks ago would’ve done for the eggs anyway but nowt in either nest now. Probably magpies have done it but it could be a stoat.

Last edited:

Back