Keel Tavern

The Barnes hasn’t been proper pub for 20 year or more now mate , just full of scratters eatin carveries and kids drowning pints of coke .
Still has big potential if anyone took it over , was always more popular than Rosedene
Aye until about 1990 grandad

We went into the Keel Tavern for a lunchtime meal and a few drinks over the holidays and the food was excellent (we had fish and chips and a few different pies between us - all great).

The Barnes hasn’t been proper pub for 20 year or more now mate , just full of scratters eatin carveries and kids drowning pints of coke .
Still has big potential if anyone took it over , was always more popular than Rosedene
Never understood the hype about the Rosedene, place is grim.

It's like a Brewster Bears pub without the soft play.

Only been in the once and won’t ever be going back after their Xmas day fiasco. f***ing shambles and the manageress’ partner is an absolute bellend.

I'd heard about what happened on christmas day, it was not long after me and a few others left. It used to be a great pub with all sorts of ages, then Greene King took it over and the demographic has shifted. I don't like it anymore.

I'd heard about what happened on christmas day, it was not long after me and a few others left. It used to be a great pub with all sorts of ages, then Greene King took it over and the demographic has shifted. I don't like it anymore.
What happened on Christmas Day?

A fight
People waiting hours for their dinner
Manager walking out

we went out once for xmas dinner (not the rosedene) it was an utter shambles. every single table demanding an ultra high level of service 'cos its xmas day' , the manager taking on far too many tables with far too little staff and charged a fortune for it, everyone running around like maniacs and every woman in the place reminding anyone who would listen how christmas was so special to them and how it had been ruined etc..

Back