Keel Tavern

we went out once for xmas dinner (not the rosedene) it was an utter shambles. every single table demanding an ultra high level of service 'cos its xmas day' , the manager taking on far too many tables with far too little staff and charged a fortune for it, everyone running around like maniacs and every woman in the place reminding anyone who would listen how christmas was so special to them and how it had been ruined etc..
Horrific 😂 been tempted every year for donkeys but never commit.

Popped in the Keel Tavern before going to see 1977 on Boxing Day..decent boozer tbh..the beer was expensive like..it was nice though..better than the plastic glasses slop served upstairs in the Peacock..🤮

The cask was canny ropey when was in the other week like. No one seems to drink it so it's all a bit dead. This is based on a sample of two pints like, both in crap condition. I've stuck to keg the last time I was in.
Can imagine. Was good when I was in on opening.

Barnes used to be popular upstairs
Went to a few wedding receptions there

We used to occasionally frequent the Rosedene on a Friday and then sneak into The Barnes Upstairs for a bit of free bait and a late bar.
They - The Barnes - used to do a Soul Night on a week-day, which was pretty good really.

Back