Keel Tavern and the Botanist

Long before these two bars opened ( and the Muddler) it was anticipated that the prices would be on par with the sister establishments in Newcastle and thus higher than some other places in town.
Why are people still moaning about it?
Just don’t go.
End of.
It's just the way it is unfortunately in Sunderland people are used to drinking in dives so when a new bar opens and it's a bit more expensive they start whinging. No one is forcing them to go but they'll still complain

Don’t bother unless you want to stand 4 deep in a bar watching some barman taking ages to make two cocktails
That's The Botanist for ya like.

I've always thought these sorta places should have an express zone of the bar for people wanting straight forward pints & bottles.
I was in a window seat last Saturday and it was funny watching people beg to come in. Reminded me of when Steve Strange wouldn’t let @Sneech into the Blitz club back in the 80s when he held up a mirror to him and said ‘Well, would you let yourself in?’
I noticed ya comment on the other thread. Did ya walk in or were you booked?

(edited @OP's request by a literate mod)

That's The Botanist for ya like.

I've always thought these sorta places should have an express zone of the bar for people wanting straight forward pints & bottles.

I noticed ya comment on the other thread. Did ya walk in or were you booked?

(edited @OP's request by a literate mod)
Just walked in mate

I was in the botanist on Saturday, just in the bar.

The main issues I had were the time to get served which could take ages , obviously issues that can be fixed though

I was in the botanist on Saturday, just in the bar.

The main issues I had were the time to get served which could take ages , obviously issues that can be fixed though
Good luck the one in Newcastle is always a pain , as others say it’s the fannying on making cocktails

Might have a few after match sat so might try it then , hopefully all the Instagram crowd have already been the last couple weeks

Back