Keane and Neville

Had a worse win percentage in the Premier League than MON, Bruce, Poyet, and only 4% better than Di Canio.

All of whom inherited Premier League players. Keane inherited a squad who had just 'achieved' the worst points total in history. He lifted the whole place.

:lol: Eh? Are yay on solvents lad?

:lol:

Last edited:
First point totally agree. Keane downed tools and fucked off. Was gutted tbh.

Second point. The way Neville spouted on about Pickford during the world cup showed him for the clown he is. Almost a troll at times just saying any old shite for attention.

Aye agreed, Neville somehow gets an image of a great footballer thinker, he isn't

He also knows absolutely nothing about anyone outside the top 4, he has no clue.

Bottled fuck all. Was true to his word every step of the way.

He's class - when he wants to be. That's the problem. And I think he holds court in the dressing room rather than the manager, and that's not a good thing.
All about opinions - he bottl d it as soon as the going got tough.

He has a personality disorder which makes being a manger in the modern game impossible - he might have made a decent job of it in the 70’s. No way now.

Would be a huge step backwards, current ownership knows this too.

Keane was a world class footballer and is a very entertaining pundit but as a manager and coach he has been an abject failure.
Reading some of the posts on here I had to keep checking who we were talking about .

Was good for a team that needed a kick up the arse like us after quinn managed- but when the team needs an arm round the shoulder he cant do it and starts isolating himself- his transfers in the main started our debt crisis and finished ipswich- he’d be perfect for utd right now- they would graft like fuck

Fine but don’t make out like his record here was anything special when it wasn’t.

Stats, they can be twisted, comparing what he did to Bruce by using stats is shite. Bruce took over a Premier team and was able to invest further.
Roy took a team heading towards where we are now and made us Premiership instead. Yet you talk about Premiership win ratio??? No true context.
Besides all that I enjoyed watching and following my team, what else matters?

Stats, they can be twisted, comparing what he did to Bruce by using stats is shite. Bruce took over a Premier team and was able to invest further.
Roy took a team heading towards where we are now and made us Premiership instead. Yet you talk about Premiership win ratio??? No true context.

Well said:neutral:

All about opinions - he bottl d it as soon as the going got tough.

He has a personality disorder which makes being a manger in the modern game impossible - he might have made a decent job of it in the 70’s. No way now.

Would be a huge step backwards, current ownership knows this too.
The going was tough the day he took the job. We had played 4 lost 4 in the championship. How anyone can slag Keane off for what he did here is truly mindboggling.

Keane keeping us in the PL in our first season was the best achievement of any of our managers during that decade we had in the PL when you look at the overall quality of the squad.

He’s one of the most important figures we’ve had at the club in my 30 years following us.

Its not McDonalds mate, bloody hell, Keano answered to the chairman, Short was way out of line.

Nah sorry like.

Even Keane himself has admitted he was out of order and handled it badly. Okay, Short was out of order demanding that he live in then area, I don’t think you can demand that of an employee. But to suggest that Short had no right to call Keane is ridiculous.

Always thought the criticism of his spending was harsh. Yes, a lot of the players he bought were poor, but we were at our lowest point in 20 years. We had to pay over the odds to attract players otherwise we'd have went down again and another relegation would have finished a lot of fans off.

We got great value out of the players he bought in the Championship, they were instrumental in us going up. And the likes of Richardson, Bardsley and Steed stayed for years and were great servants.

Gordon was a good keeper for us until a freak injury 3 managers later finished him off - an injury that our medical team couldn't even detect but kept him out of the game for nearly 3 years.

We turned down a £20m for Jones only a few weeks after he left yet the £8m we eventually got for him counts towards Bruce's much celebrated net spend despite his value plummetting under him.

Even the duds like Chopra, Diouf and Chimbonda left shortly after Keane for minimal loss, and whilst he definitely overpaid for Ferdinand and McCartney, Ferdinand was a decent defender who was frozen out by Bruce and McCartney looked a good signing at the time but suffered a bad injury and basically played without any nerves in his left foot afterwards. Not sure how you can legislate for that.

Not saying he was great cos he wasn't, he wasted a lot on shit. But I think people look at how much was spent and ignore the context around it.

Who thought we'd be able to attract someone like Djibril Cisse here? It would be like us getting Morata these days (well not these days as we're League One but you get my drift).

I've read Keane bottled it when the going got tough at least 10 times so far. Did he?

We were in the bottom half of the championship at Christmas - the going was tough. People said he wasn't up to it. We won the league - don't think that was bottling it.

First season in the PL - bottom 3 at Christmas - the going was incredibly tough. We stayed up relatively easily with multiple late winners.

Hadn't beaten Newcastle at home for nearly 20 years. That's tough but he got that monkey off our backs.

Keane left because Short was interfering not because the going got tough.

The going was tough the day he took the job. We had played 4 lost 4 in the championship. How anyone can slag Keane off for what he did here is truly mindboggling.
He was great that season but we had a team good enough for promotion and he was able to add to it. Quinn's massive failure at the start seems to have convinced people it was a miracle. It's not like he won the league with a team promoted from league one.

In a nutshell.

Keane keeping us in the PL in our first season was the best achievement of any of our managers during that decade we had in the PL when you look at the overall quality of the squad.

He’s one of the most important figures we’ve had at the club in my 30 years following us.

Aye, and we were top of the prem under him.

For 2 hours !

I’m not slagging him for the initial job he did, not sure where you got that from?

I’m saying that ultimately it was too much for him and he bottled it. He has an inbuilt character flaw, he probably knows it too.

He really isn't.

He's an egotistical sociopath
This (at best).

Last edited:

Back