Justin Langer

All the Aussie legends kicking off, Hayden with some ridiculous posts

I dont get the outrage, anyone who hasseen that amazon show can see he is too much, he was forced to take a back seat the last year, with the 2 assistant coaches taking more control and results and performances improved

I really really dont want him as England coach. I dont rate him that highly, and you forget they were poor against India at home

the fact they beat us 4-0 to me is totally irrelevant, could have put Karl Kennedy in charge they would have won, with their world class bowlers
More than happy to have a foreign coach & perhaps even an Australian but not Langer - from what I read he is anti Pom so would seem like asking for trouble

Not sure about that. Just don't think he's right for the job and apparently most of the hard yards were done by his assistants in the Aus role

This is the key point for me, he was forced to take a step back and delegate duties and results improved dramatically

I am a bit perplexed by the outcry in Australia and what Pat Cummins is supposed to do have done wrong

Mitchell Johnson called Cummins a coward, who had failed his first test as captain. His exact words.

Cummins has not done anything wrong at all, if he is asked by CA what he thinks of Langer he has to give an honest answer, not up to him at all if he gets kept on as coach.

This simply Aussies legends all being in the media defending their mate

Whats ironic is that Mitchel Johnson was one of the players who literally got Micky Arthur the sack, obviously thats fine as he isnt one of their legends.

All the Aussie legends kicking off, Hayden with some ridiculous posts

I dont get the outrage, anyone who hasseen that amazon show can see he is too much, he was forced to take a back seat the last year, with the 2 assistant coaches taking more control and results and performances improved

I really really dont want him as England coach. I dont rate him that highly, and you forget they were poor against India at home

the fact they beat us 4-0 to me is totally irrelevant, could have put Karl Kennedy in charge they would have won, with their world class bowlers
Dr Karl FYI 😄

This is the key point for me, he was forced to take a step back and delegate duties and results improved dramatically

I am a bit perplexed by the outcry in Australia and what Pat Cummins is supposed to do have done wrong

Mitchell Johnson called Cummins a coward, who had failed his first test as captain. His exact words.

Cummins has not done anything wrong at all, if he is asked by CA what he thinks of Langer he has to give an honest answer, not up to him at all if he gets kept on as coach.

Whats ironic is that Mitchel Johnson was one of the players who literally got Micky Arthur the sack, obviously thats fine as he isnt one of their legends.
Mitchell Johnson is another in a long, long, long line of Australian bellends.

Also was the owner of one of the worst taches ever seen in top level sport.

Someone ought to remind Johnson that he was part of the group of players that ousted their coach, not before or after an Ashes series, but right in the middle of it.

Sorry, not sorry is how that reads to me.

Agreed, saw that this morning and I’m not sure what he’s done wrong either.

From the limited bits I’ve seen Cummins has been grilled over his stance on Langer and has done his best to remain diplomatic. I could be wrong there, I’ve little interest in the affairs of CA at present, but that’s how it appears to me and I can’t see how he’s done a lot wrong.

He’s allowed to want to work with a different coach if he wants. He’s potentially in a difficult position of not wanting to slate, or back, Langer publicly so there’s probably little he can say other than avoid the subject. No win situation for him really.

But I don’t really give a toss about the Australian cricket team and their problems and have just more valuable time typing this out than I care to spend on them. 🤦‍♂️

Last edited:
Heavy with irony, that Langer comment, which undoubtedly will fly over the heads of a fair few people in Cricket Australia.

I still remember that first few minutes of The Test, where he flew into a rage at Khawaja, who had the temerity to suggest his idea of how to practice in the nets wasn't that great.

Which in the end seemed to be borne out by a 5-0 ODI defeat to England and conceding nearly 500 in one of them.

Comment from an Aussie journalist on the radio earlier today was that Cricket Australia wanted the Ashes to be the last series with Tim Paine as captain and Justin Langer as coach all along. Paine was going to retire from internationals anyway so it was supposed to be a farewell series and if they won it would let the captain and coach go out on a high together. Once the series was done a new captain and new coach would be appointed to usher in a new era. But when Paine's personal life story broke right before the first test it scuppered the plan since the board had to appoint a new captain for the Ashes with Langer in place.

Its amazing how important having high profile friends in the media can help set the agenda

This really isnt a big story like, he signed a 4 year deal, that to me is a long long time in international cricket, and they rightfully want to go in a different direction

Now its the fault of Cummins and co somehow for not saying give him another 4 year deal.

Just makes me thinks of the KP stuff, after he got the 300 against Leicester's worst attack of all time, the demand for his recall, which was enitirely driven by his 2005 team mates

it certainly helps

I never thought I'd stick up for an Aussie but actually has annoyed me the criticism Cummins has got over this, he has done absolutely nothing wrong, and is a lot more important to Australian cricket than bloody Justin Langer

Its amazing how important having high profile friends in the media can help set the agenda

This really isnt a big story like, he signed a 4 year deal, that to me is a long long time in international cricket, and they rightfully want to go in a different direction

Now its the fault of Cummins and co somehow for not saying give him another 4 year deal.

Just makes me thinks of the KP stuff, after he got the 300 against Leicester's worst attack of all time, the demand for his recall, which was enitirely driven by his 2005 team mates

it certainly helps

I never thought I'd stick up for an Aussie but actually has annoyed me the criticism Cummins has got over this, he has done absolutely nothing wrong, and is a lot more important to Australian cricket than bloody Justin Langer

Thats absolute class by Cummins, that last time is a killer and makes some ex players look foolisj

Just on Langer for England, listening to strauss today thats very premature

He said the new director of cricket will choose the new head coach, so Strauss has to appoint him first, which will be before start of summer

Colly a good option for now

Wish Strauss was staying on like, thought his lads were a bit older now so he would have the time

Heard a good stat yesterday that indicates how much cricket England play compared to the rest

Ollie Pople has played in more tests than Justin Langer has coached.

Back