Justin Langer

All the Aussie legends kicking off, Hayden with some ridiculous posts

I dont get the outrage, anyone who hasseen that amazon show can see he is too much, he was forced to take a back seat the last year, with the 2 assistant coaches taking more control and results and performances improved

I really really dont want him as England coach. I dont rate him that highly, and you forget they were poor against India at home

the fact they beat us 4-0 to me is totally irrelevant, could have put Karl Kennedy in charge they would have won, with their world class bowlers

I dont get the outrage, anyone who hasseen that amazon show can see he is too much, he was forced to take a back seat the last year, with the 2 assistant coaches taking more control and results and performances improved

I really really dont want him as England coach. I dont rate him that highly, and you forget they were poor against India at home

the fact they beat us 4-0 to me is totally irrelevant, could have put Karl Kennedy in charge they would have won, with their world class bowlers
Although I agree broadly with your point that the Aussies bowlers are brilliant and they were always going to beat us easily whoever the coaches were for both sides.

To say beating us 4 0 ( kick off the arse 5 0) is totally irrelevant is a bit over the top and unfair imo.

A head coach of a team winning that handsomely has to be given some credit mate tbf.

I like him and he's done a great job of changing the reputation of the Australian team after taking them at their lowest. Get why some don't like him but I think he's box office! :lol:

From the Amazon documentary you can see why he works well with the likes of Smith and Labuschagne but I can’t imagine many others enjoyed his OTT shite like whiteboards with uplifting quotes and that :lol:

Agreed, not a fan of Langer. Don’t think he’s a good fit personality wise over here

Although I agree broadly with your point that the Aussies bowlers are brilliant and they were always going to beat us easily whoever the coaches were for both sides.

To say beating us 4 0 ( kick off the arse 5 0) is totally irrelevant is a bit over the top and unfair imo.

A head coach of a team winning that handsomely has to be given some credit mate tbf.

What I mean is if he had resigned and Macdonald and Michael DV had took the team, they’d have won 4-0

The problem is that all his team mates are in the media so there is no perspective on it

Their results improved massively when he took a step back and gave responsibility to other coaches

Agreed. I enjoyed the documentary but thought he was a bit… weird and full on. You could argue that a coach should be full on but I dunno I just thought it looked quite uncomfortable on more than one occasion.

Don’t want him as England coach either. I’d rather Ponting or Kirsten.

Quite a few Australian newspaper articles online during his time as coach that have been less than complimentary about him. There seems to be very little comment about his departure from the current playing squad. It would be typical of the ECB to hire someone without checking first if he would be a good fit for us.

Back