Just had a look at Man City's fixture list

Hopefully they'll win the Champions League as a minimum. I think the League is probably already done. I wouldn't mind seeing the FA Cup be won by Everton or Leicester.

I can’t remember offhand but did city have their u21s in the papa johns trophy?
It was mainly U18's in the 1-1 draw against us ... a result of which Morgan Rogers signed for The Imps on loan till the end of the season.
I’m going to stick my neck on the line and say they will win the lot.
I have booked hotels in the hosting Cities of the CL Final for the past 3 seasons ... this time I'm waiting, as I've probably jinxed City as a result.
Would be great to see. Eclipsing all of Liverpool and Man Utds historical achievements in a month of wins! God they would all cry, would be brilliant.

MCFC have got no fans
Got no history
The owners will get bored and leave
Chequebook Pep
FFP will ban them
FFP cheats
Oil money
Dirty money
Don’t play youth
Foden doesn't get gametime
£10 billion on the bench
Boring football

And the new one is....... NO ONE CARES

Did I miss any? 🤔

Last edited:
It was mainly U18's in the 1-1 draw against us ... a result of which Morgan Rogers signed for The Imps on loan till the end of the season.

I have booked hotels in the hosting Cities of the CL Final for the past 3 seasons ... this time I'm waiting, as I've probably jinxed City as a result.

MCFC have got no fans
Got no history
The owners will get bored and leave
Chequebook Pep
FFP will ban them
FFP cheats
Oil money
Dirty money
Don’t play youth
Foden doesn't get gametime
£10 billion on the bench
Boring football

And the new one is....... NO ONE CARES

Did I miss any? 🤔
Tbf it really is dull football. I find it hard to watch a full game.

I’m going to stick my neck on the line and say they will win the lot.

Hope they do. I doubt it though. Huge task and, from what I have seen, I reckon they will be slim favourites over 2 legs against LFC. Slightly slimmer favourites against PSG and underdogs against Bayern.
Can't avoid all of them and, in my opinion, I can't see anyone beating Bayern.

Still in 3 cups competitions and 13 league games left. Must be brilliant being a City fan with a big game coming every three or four days.

If they get to the FA Cup final they will have to re-arrange 2 league matches and they each only have one slot left to go into unless they fail in the CL and free up some midweek slots. I could see them rotating players in league games as the season wears on if they maintain their lead. Realistically, they probably need to win 8/9 of their last 13 league games to take the title and could probably get away with less than that as long as they don't lose to thier direct rivals.

Massive odds on to win the league and clear favourites for the league cup final and over two legs in the champions league I fancy them v anybody other than maybe Bayern. Could come down to a possible 3 one off cup finals for a quadrouple.
I've taken Spuds @ 7/4

Still in 3 cups competitions and 13 league games left. Must be brilliant being a City fan with a big game coming every three or four days.

If they get to the FA Cup final they will have to re-arrange 2 league matches and they each only have one slot left to go into unless they fail in the CL and free up some midweek slots. I could see them rotating players in league games as the season wears on if they maintain their lead. Realistically, they probably need to win 8/9 of their last 13 league games to take the title and could probably get away with less than that as long as they don't lose to thier direct rivals.

Massive odds on to win the league and clear favourites for the league cup final and over two legs in the champions league I fancy them v anybody other than maybe Bayern. Could come down to a possible 3 one off cup finals for a quadrouple.

Must be shit not been able to gan

I have massive respect for Pep always aiming to win every cup. He refuses to set up a team for possibly losing and if they do, just shrug his shoulders. He wants to win them all, none of this "I'm glad we're out, so we can focus on the league" bullshit.
That's because he can rest players and bring in 50m players to replace them. That's why they generally do well in domestic cups. He has the squad to rotate

That's because he can rest players and bring in 50m players to replace them. That's why they generally do well in domestic cups. He has the squad to rotate
That is not quite the case, at least for the league. More like the opposite.

Total players used for the season across competitions, taken from Transfermarkt, for 2020/21
Manchester City 29
Manchester United 28
Tottenham 32
Everton 30
Chelsea 28
Arsenal 33
Leicester 28
Liverpool 34

Bet if you add up the value and quality of the 23 players used in league it will be considerably more and better than the rest. They pretty much have 2x50m players for every position

Bet if you add up the value and quality of the 23 players used in league it will be considerably more and better than the rest. They pretty much have 2x50m players for every position
I'd say that is quality, not resting players. They may be able to bring them in, but they do not do it as often.

People on this forum were calling for Pep to be sacked after the West Brom game.

I'm not sure they'll win the lot mind. They could have a blip in April.

I've only ever seen Man City play twice live, both games against Lincoln City where they lost. First at Sincil Bank, then Maine Road in 1996. Good times.

Back