Just had a look at Man City's fixture list

Still in 3 cups competitions and 13 league games left. Must be brilliant being a City fan with a big game coming every three or four days.

If they get to the FA Cup final they will have to re-arrange 2 league matches and they each only have one slot left to go into unless they fail in the CL and free up some midweek slots. I could see them rotating players in league games as the season wears on if they maintain their lead. Realistically, they probably need to win 8/9 of their last 13 league games to take the title and could probably get away with less than that as long as they don't lose to thier direct rivals.

Massive odds on to win the league and clear favourites for the league cup final and over two legs in the champions league I fancy them v anybody other than maybe Bayern. Could come down to a possible 3 one off cup finals for a quadrouple.

Last edited:

Still in 3 cups competitions and 13 league games left. Must be brilliant being a City fan with a big game coming every three or four days.

If they get to the FA Cup final they will have to re-arrange 2 league matches and they each only have one slot left to go into unless they fail in the CL and free up some midweek slots. I could see them rotating players in league games as the season wears on if they maintain their lead. Realistically, they probably need to win 8/9 of their last 13 league games to take the title and could probably get away with less than that as long as they don't lose to thier direct rivals.

Massive odds on the win the league and clear favourites for the league cup final and over two legs in the champions league I fancy them v anybody other than maybe Bayern. Could come down to a possible 3 one off cup finals for a quadrouple.
On form the league will be over with a few games left. Their reserves will come in. The likes of aguero etc ;)

On form the league will be over with a few games left. Their reserves will come in. The likes of aguero etc ;)

Could do with them losing a few league games maybe to a rival at the top as they play Newcastle 3rd last league game which is already only a few days before a potential FA Cup final, a few days after a league match v Chelsea and a week after a potential champions league semi final 2nd leg. There is every chance that Newcastle game could give them the chance to win the title that night.

I have massive respect for Pep always aiming to win every cup. He refuses to set up a team for possibly losing and if they do, just shrug his shoulders. He wants to win them all, none of this "I'm glad we're out, so we can focus on the league" bullshit.

Totally agree mate. Its refreshing, given he would get away with playing reserves in the league cup final and FA cup quarter final and concentrate on the Champions league and the Premier league, but we know he wont do that. He will want to replicate what Bayern did in Germany last season.

Totally agree mate. Its refreshing, given he would get away with playing reserves in the league cup final and FA cup quarter final and concentrate on the Champions league and the Premier league, but we know he wont do that.
I can’t remember offhand but did city have their u21s in the papa johns trophy?

Massive odds on to win the league and clear favourites for the league cup final and over two legs in the champions league I fancy them v anybody other than maybe Bayern. Could come down to a possible 3 one off cup finals for a quadrouple.
But we just know that it won’t pan out the way everyone expects, there will be a bump in the road somewhere.

But we just know that it won’t pan out the way everyone expects, there will be a bump in the road somewhere.

There wasnt for Bayern last season and the form City are in is starting to mirror what Bayern did then, Both had sticky starts to the season to the point Bayern sacked their manager at the start of last season.
I’m going to stick my neck on the line and say they will win the lot.

1 more goal in this game tonight and they can rotate players for the second leg, which would help them.

Last edited:
Could do with them losing a few league games maybe to a rival at the top as they play Newcastle 3rd last league game which is already only a few days before a potential FA Cup final, a few days after a league match v Chelsea and a week after a potential champions league semi final 2nd leg. There is every chance that Newcastle game could give them the chance to win the title that night.
Man City women would beat Newcastle atm

There wasnt for Bayern last season and the form City are in is starting to mirror what Bayern did then, Both had sticky starts to the season to the point Bayern sacked their manager at the start of last season.

1 more goal in this game tonight and they can rotate players for the second leg, which would help them.
I wonder how he will fit Aguero in. May just play him in the cup games and champions league games. I think they’ll end up winning the premier league by the biggest margin ever, they have no clear weakness. They are more boring I would say (Behind closed doors May account for it), but they seem to be reaping the rewards for emphasising defence over attack earlier in the season. A city team that concedes very few is unstoppable.

Pep rotates most of the squad anyway mate regardless

I have massive respect for Pep always aiming to win every cup. He refuses to set up a team for possibly losing and if they do, just shrug his shoulders. He wants to win them all, none of this "I'm glad we're out, so we can focus on the league" bullshit.

He's got a shot at all four this year, imo. It's very much on.
Champs league will be the one. PSG and Bayern are big hurdles this season and even Liverpool could now go all in for it

They are a better side than PSG and Liverpool.

Bayern... Hard to say. Perhaps not.

Last edited:

Back