June voting - The Human Form

Challenge winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Malmo and china for me. There were some close 2nd places from Ayesane, Steed, Dixie50.

China.. what camera did you use for that pic?

Malmo and china for me. There were some close 2nd places from Ayesane, Steed, Dixie50.

China.. what camera did you use for that pic?

Fuji Finepix S5600 Hebburn. I notice the fella sitting like that beside his old bike
and couldn't resist. I was on a bus so it was taken on more or less full zoom through a bus window.

the June challenge is to take a picture of a person, or people.

... something that reflects the nature of the person or people you're shooting. Tell us something about them
The thread title is " The Human Form "

ABET22 gave us two themes this month so have taken this into account when voting.

:)All lighthearted as ever - here are the reasons for voting/not voting

(I reckon there may be a runaway winner this month! :lol:)

Robcal
Gorgeous photograph of a baby who does look water confident. Good use of shallow depth of field but the photo is let down by the baby not looking at you and the bright light bit on the bottom left.

Ajaxandy
I like the model and his pose, clothes etc do tell us something about him, but the photo is let down by the shallow depth of field which throws that rail annoyingly out of focus. Don't like all the reflection stuff going on on the RH side of the photo either.

TomTomMacute

This would have been better if he was looking at you, smiling with his fag hanging out of his mouth, as it is it comes across more of a snapshot. (What did his getup have to do with the Olympic torch out of interest?)

orosso
Like this, would have done a vertical crop down the left hand edge of her hair; would have given a stronger image. VOTE

Dixie50
Simple. Not meant to vote for yourself though! :- ) VOTE

Mine
I went for the human form theme, and by entitling the entry indicated that the scar was to be noticed, thus trying to meet "tells us something about the model" too (maybe?). ( Not sure I was hoping to win photographing a pair of hairy man legs on a predominantly male message board though!:lol: )

SuperNiall
You entitle the photograph "My daughter - eyes" and then leave those lovely dark eyes out of the photograph!! A slight repositioning of you/camera/model and you would have had a much stronger entry.

kidgalahad
Your model isn't engaging with you and I soon started looking at what else was going on in the pub. The lighting to the left of the head is a bit bright and his face is in shadow.

malmomackem
Like it. One minor niggle - the stray threads on stockings and knickers should be removed. Took me several looks to realise that it was the model's arm in picture rather than a doorway. VOTE

Ayesane
Doesn't meet theme imo. If it was human form you were trying to meet then a plain figure hugging dress with no adornments showing us her "form" could have worked. Doesn't tell us much about her either. What are the marks on her knees? :confused:

Steed
You always enter quality photographs and I like this one too, but it just misses on the theme, it is a guitar being played by a man rather than a man (playing a guitar).

China Mackem
Love it. Think it is my favourite entry of the month VOTE

Last edited:
Getting a bit sick of the environmental portrait/capture a stranger type monthly themes, I find them boring, I much prefer abstract type shots, so I'm taking the human form element as a guide and ignoring the second option of photographing people in their environment, we've been there, done that - twice !!

So in my opinion there are only two qualifying entries, so it's votes for both oROSSo and MalmoMakem.

Ross for me this month as it comes closest to what I was interpreting the theme to be. I've had about three totally different shots ready to submit this month but didn't as the more I thought about the criteria I realised they didn't really conform (and eventually ran out of time) and I think a lot of entries don't really meet it either

taking the human form element as a guide and ignoring the second option of photographing people in their environment, we've been there, done that - twice !!

So in my opinion there are only two qualifying entries, so it's votes for both oROSSo and MalmoMakem.

Some great photos but I dont think the Human Form and People in their environment actually works.
Cant believe I'm agreeing with Tired Eyes but I have!!!
(partially)

Cough. You might not like my entry but it is human form.

ABET22 gave 2 themes, a bit harsh to ignore one of the themes just because you don't like the theme?

i also agree with TiredEyes (and agree with you on mine, although it would have been nice of you to critique it on face value, I entered what I could)

Yours is simply a blokes calf with a massive scar. It is not the human form at all, clearly a story behind it though. I think you've read too much into that part of the brief.

Last edited by a moderator:
i also agree with TiredEye's (and agree with you on mine, although it would have been nice of you to critique it on face value, I entered what I could)

Yours is simply a blokes calf with a massive scar. It is not the human form at all, clearly a story behind it though. I think you've read too much into that part of the brief.
Bold = explain your self (please) I don't understand. I did critique at face value. You entered a photo I commented on it.

The blokes have posted parts of female bodies, I've posted parts of the male body, so how come the women count as female form and male legs don't ? Tried to enter something different to the run of the mill.

Last edited:
Bold = explain your self (please) I don't understand.

The blokes have posted parts of female bodies, I've posted parts of the male body, so how come the women count as female form and legs don't ? Tried to enter something different to the run of the mill.

It's not about body parts though? in a literal sense; the human form is the depiction of nudity (not necessarily a picture of someone nude), although it is open to interpretation - only 2 people got close. It was a very hard month this month.

I guess I feel you were a little harsh by not considering it fitting based on the frilly bits of the dress, I wanted to get close to nude, she brought what she had. She offered to go nude, i declined. btw I just took the photo :lol:

It's not about body parts though? in a literal sense; the human form is the depiction of nudity, although it is open to interpretation - only 2 people got close. It was a very hard month this month.

I guess I feel you were a little harsh by not considering it fitting based on the frilly bits of the dress, I wanted to get close to nude, she brought what she had. She offered to go nude, i declined. btw I just took the photo :lol:
I post as I find. I just felt yours neither met form nor character. But photography is very subjective so ignore my post if you don't like it. Anyway neither of us are getting any votes so we are probably both wrong.:lol: You still haven't told me what is on her legs?

( My photo was a nude man actually, he had less on than any entry!)

I post as I find. I just felt yours neither met form nor character. But photography is very subjective so ignore my post if you don't like it. Anyway neither of us are getting any votes so we are probably both wrong.:lol: You still haven't told me what is on her legs?

( My photo was a nude man actually, he had less on than any entry!)

You should have got it all on here then. It would have met the brief impeccably and you would most likely have been the clear winner.

And good - posting as you find is what it is all about. being true an honest to the competition is what it is all about aswell (unlike your counting buddy ;))

Oh, It's not about liking or disliking your post btw, I appreciated the time you took to type it if truth be told. More should do it.

I can only guess it's shadow on her knee, that's what it looks like to me. I'm new to flash photography so it is most likely is.

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel like peachy should be the clear winner, and of course is getting no votes because she didn't superglue anything to a supermarket trolly

I feel like peachy should be the clear winner, and of course is getting no votes because she didn't superglue anything to a supermarket trolly
Cheers icbyd. :lol:

Ayesane do not take this the wrong way!, but I think ABET22 is on a wind up; he set two themes which everyone met (imo) except you, and he votes for yours! :lol:

Cheers icbyd. :lol:

Ayesane do not take this the wrong way!, but I think ABET22 is on a wind up; he set two themes which everyone met (imo) except you, and he votes for yours! :lol:

now you have 3 votes ;) your counting mate, and 2 people taking the piss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back