June voting - The Human Form

Challenge winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it too late to ramp peachy to victory?

Er, probably yes :lol:

i also agree with TiredEyes (and agree with you on mine, although it would have been nice of you to critique it on face value, I entered what I could)

Yours is simply a blokes calf with a massive scar. It is not the human form at all, clearly a story behind it though. I think you've read too much into that part of the brief.

Peachbum for me.
It clearly is human, and boy will it have story to tell.

I wonder what Henry Moore would have made of the theme.
http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=he...QOb1d34DA&sqi=2&ved=0CGUQsAQ&biw=1280&bih=792

Voted for Ross because I though he hit the theme well and I like the curves and shapes of the subject.

Some strange ones in this month mind. Some which came no where near the theme and others that don't seem to have too much thought behind them.

Note: Yes, I know I didn't enter... If I was to enter it was only of one thing and in MrsExiles words "Not a chance" :lol:

:lol:

You not joining in with the laddish comradery peachy? ;)

Voted for Ross because I though he hit the theme well and I like the curves and shapes of the subject.

Some strange ones in this month mind. Some which came no where near the theme and others that don't seem to have too much thought behind them.

Note: Yes, I know I didn't enter... If I was to enter it was only of one thing and in MrsExiles words "Not a chance" :lol:

That you dared ask is a step up from me

SuperNiall
You entitle the photograph "My daughter - eyes" and then leave those lovely dark eyes out of the photograph!! A slight repositioning of you/camera/model and you would have had a much stronger entry.

Getting this photograph was hard enough. :lol:

Certainly the most difficult month I've taken part in, perhaps not technically but interpretation wise. My own approach was to hang onto the "tell us something about them" line, I took this to be more than a portrait competition. That's how I'll be scoring this month...

Robcal - lovely bokeh, nice sharp eyes and placed on a third. Doesn't really tell me much about the subject.

Ajax - I personally am not generally a fan of something in the foreground being so out of focus. I think the bar would have been a better leading line if it were in focus. Nice portrait, like the colour. I'm confused over the reflection though. Lads hands and the bar are reflected, however the building in the top right (bell tower?) is not. Can't really see where the reflective surface ends...

TTM - She's lovely. Arms act as nice leading lines to her face.

Ross - Nice use of thirds. Think it may have been better if you had a little more distance / less zoom so you could get her full back and gluteus maximus in.

Dixie50 - Probably my favourite shot within the theme (as I interpreted it) even though it's very simple (or possibly because of) and out of focus. Made an instant connection with me. VOTE.

Peachy - definitely hits the theme as I interpreted it. However doesn't really do much for me.

Niall - Most important part of the shot have been cut off, shame too because it would be a nice picture with a slightly different composition.

Kid G - Think this tells me more about the scene that the subject. Might have to check it out actually - I see plenty of real ales :-D Eye contact would have helped a lot.

Malmo - I'm not sure I like the overall colouring. Not in a racist way like, more in PP? Or your lighting set up? I do like the line of shadow running down the right side of her.

Ayesane - very striking pose, lovely contrast. Think it would do very well in a portrait comp but didn't hit my definition of telling me something about her.

Steeeeed (Me) - I've had a mare here like. Not for the lack of thinking mind, maybe over thinking it. Had a shoot booked in with a lad that Thursday of the great flood of 2012, that obviously went tits up so tried something myself on the Saturday night. Had been to see the stone roses on the Friday and thought I was John Squire :-D Actually wanted to concentrate on the dexterity of the human form, with hands as the focus, and how that can tell us something about someone. Not convinced it worked :evil:

China - Like it. Flexibility of the human body (I can't get down like that!). Nice use of thirds and negative space. Get a feel for the person. VOTE

No offense anyone and don't blame me if my comments are inconsistent, I'm still confused about the theme!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back