June to July 2020 - NUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.

I have no idea if the take over will go through or not but one thing I do know is that the letter of Hatice Cengiz is not a red flag.
I think I can say with 100% confidence that the approval of Hatice Cengiz is not part of the owners and directors test.

While I fully sympathise with her loss and understand her speaking out to draw attention to her case, the Premier League will fully consider it for the time it takes to read it and conclude it has nothing to do with the owners and directors test.

I have no idea if the take over will go through or not but one thing I do know is that the letter of Hatice Cengiz is not a red flag.
I think I can say with 100% confidence that the approval of Hatice Cengiz is not part of the owners and directors test.

While I fully sympathise with her loss and understand her speaking out to draw attention to her case, the Premier League will fully consider it for the time it takes to read it and conclude it has nothing to do with the owners and directors test.
Not requied to not be a muderer to pass the fit and proper persons test....

Not requied to not be a muderer to pass the fit and proper persons test....
No it's not required for you not to be a murderer, the list of exemptions are all based around fraud and dishonesty.
It's a moot point though as firstly its a allegation levelled at the Saudi state not a conviction and more importantly the PIF are a different legal entity to the Saudi State so it wouldn't matter anyway.

The only way the khashoggi incident would effect the take over is if the UK government decides to raise sanctions against the KSA because of it and make one of those sanctions a prevention from Saudi based companies to invest in UK ones.
Sima not here, but AndyH is back. Curious :lol:
Aye it's a bit strange that he doesn't ring me and say "what time are we going on the RTG forum today Andy"

Must be true then Sima, Metroman and myself must be the same person, no other possible explanation.

Last edited:

The fact the premier league has refused point blank to meet her suggests to me it is not an issue.

No it's not required for you not to be a murderer, the list of exemptions are all based around fraud and dishonesty.
It's a moot point though as firstly its a allegation levelled at the Saudi state not a conviction and more importantly the PIF are a different legal entity to the Saudi State so it wouldn't matter anyway.

The only way the khashoggi incident would effect the take over is if the UK government decides to raise sanctions against the KSA because of it and make one of those sanctions a prevention from Saudi based companies to invest in UK ones.

Aye it's a bit strange that he doesn't ring me and say "what time are we going on the RTG forum today Andy"

Must be true then Sima, Metroman and myself must be the same person, no other possible explanation.
Doesn’t need to ring your on here all the time saddo!

UAE lock up and torture people individuals who criticise the authorities, didn't make any difference to Mansour getting the keys to Man City. The Saudis are more of a threat to global international security though.

However, I don't think the PL has suddenly grown a conscience. They'll block it because the Saudis pirated their TV rights and/or the big clubs putting pressure on the PL to collapse it because they don't want any more competition for CL spots (so the PL may use human right violations as an excuse rather than being truly horrified by it).

UAE lock up and torture people individuals who criticise the authorities, didn't make any difference to Mansour getting the keys to Man City. The Saudis are more of a threat to global international security though.

However, I don't think the PL has suddenly grown a conscience. They'll block it because the Saudis pirated their TV rights and/or the big clubs putting pressure on the PL to collapse it because they don't want any more competition for CL spots (so the PL may use human right violations as an excuse rather than being truly horrified by it).
I don't even think it could get blocked on the piracy issue, again I think that would require the government to introduce a trade sanction.
I think it would require due process in a court of law that finds a entity guilty of the piracy and if that entity was subject to the O&D test then they could fail it.

I'm not a barrister like so I could be way off the mark but as far as I can tell for the bid to get knocked back on the Piracy issue there would have to be a legal judgement recognised by the UK which found the PIF guilty of the piracy or funding of the piracy.
That is the PIF found guilty not the KSA, as they are separate legal entities.

so peter sutcliffe can now buy a premier league club
i think someone that had been convicted of murder and served their sentence would not fail the O&D on the spent murder conviction.
I'm assuming that's what you're asking.
Like I say though I think it's a moot point as there is no suggestion that the PIF ordered the murder, the suggestion is the state of Saudi Arabia did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back