June 21st

I am just sick now, deaths remain low and it probably looks like Covid will sadly kill about 7000 a year. Will we ever stop that, it’s unlikely but vaccines will get better so possible.

Are we really locking ourselves down for that low level of deaths . When other countries are reopening fully.

What next , we get to July and suddenly a new variant so we better wait another 2 weeks to see how that goes .

It has to end now , I don’t see any reason to keep these restrictions
There’s no f***ing chance it’ll end July 19th, I would say that’s more unlikely than a last minute U-Turn on 21st June. The data will only look worse. You can now write off life till next spring. Next season will start behind closed doors, working from home will be so engrained we will back to merely existing rather than living, festival season over, international travel will become a rich man’s thing only ..... in December we will be debating whether it’s ethical to have family round for Christmas.

I am just sick now, deaths remain low and it probably looks like Covid will sadly kill about 7000 a year. Will we ever stop that, it’s unlikely but vaccines will get better so possible.

Are we really locking ourselves down for that low level of deaths . When other countries are reopening fully.

What next , we get to July and suddenly a new variant so we better wait another 2 weeks to see how that goes .

It has to end now , I don’t see any reason to keep these restrictions
That's how it works. On May 17th there was 1900 odd cases, mostly old school Covid. We opened cinemas, indoor pubs, restaurants etc people in each others houses, even had crowds at footy. If there was no Indian Variant we would still be having thousands of cases a day and we wouldn't have lifted restrictions next week.

How are they scum like :lol:

They are out and out liars.

They are power mad, authoritarian scum.

They've removed every freedom that we've had for over a thousand years and refuse to give it back, refuse the relinquish the power they've given themselves over all of our lives.

There is zero justification for this. There is zero prospect of the NHS being overwhelmed.

If they were unsure before, it's still not a justification for what they've done, but they can't be unsure now. They can wilfully ignore the fact that places like Florida and Texas have been fully open for months, but the world can see it.

They've killed and will kill far more people with their pure evil policy of lockdown than they could ever hope to save through it, not to mention the millions of lives they've ruined completely.

I hope Johnson, Hancock, Whittt, Vallance and every MP who has voted for this rots in Hell.

If it goes to 19 July, then there will be a push for the booster jabs to be rolled out in September/Oct being lifting the restrictions.
Give up November to save Christmas.

Give up Christmas to save January.

Give up January, February and March to save Easter.

Give up Easter to save the summer.

Give up summer to save the Autumn.

Can anyone guess what's coming next...?

They are out and out liars.

They are power mad, authoritarian scum.

They've removed every freedom that we've had for over a thousand years and refuse to give it back, refuse the relinquish the power they've given themselves over all of our lives.

There is zero justification for this. There is zero prospect of the NHS being overwhelmed.

If they were unsure before, it's still not a justification for what they've done, but they can't be unsure now. They can wilfully ignore the fact that places like Florida and Texas have been fully open for months, but the world can see it.

They've killed and will kill far more people with their pure evil policy of lockdown than they could ever hope to save through it, not to mention the millions of lives they've ruined completely.

I hope Johnson, Hancock, Whittt, Vallance and every MP who has voted for this rots in Hell.
Can’t disagree with any of it, I didn’t truly understand what it was like to hate, I mean truly hate people, until this last 16 months. I used to say I hated say Alan Shearer or David Moyes but I didn’t. I just disliked them. That lot you just mentioned, I hate them.

I will be honest ive got suicidal thoughts.

my best advice is to avoid this sub-forum. Every time I venture in to make sure my anger is matched by others, you're posting. That's not a criticism, just an observation. This sub-forum should probably have been removed a while back because it really does ramp up feelings of frustration and anger and it's not healthy.

Avoid the news, avoid this sub-forum and get on with life as best you can.

a couple of beers, a curry and the Euros is my plan for tonight.

More disheartened tonight than I have been at just about any point in the pandemic. A return to normality has never felt further away
It feels worse because we've got so close - people actually started to believe it' was going to happen, then came the 'Oh, wait, What about this, that and t'other'.

We were supposed to be flying to Portugal tomorrow - last Thursday, my missus went into the town and got our spending money. Two hours later came the news they'd removed Portugal from the 'green list'. I honestly felt like walking out of the house and throwing myself off the nearest bridge.

They say it's the hope that kills you, and that's what it feels like they're doing - slowly breaking down everyone's will so that we will be grateful for any little scrap they throw us.

They are allowing scientists to dictate the policy and scientists work to binary criteria - something either works or it doesn't, it exists or it doesn't, it's 'A' or it's 'B', it's 'on' or 'off' with no grey areas or consideration given to other aspects.

'Science is a great servant, but a terrible master' - It's time the government remembered that.

Last edited:

Back