July 14th live footy on tv

Status
Not open for further replies.

You and Einstein should go back to what you’re good at.
Running past the Seagull like an Olympic sprinter.
In a world of your own still I see. You never got that far north. No one ever saw you lot on the north side of the dene. You’d sit on the top of the south side until the lads got fed up with you then you’d be off like a rat up a drain pipe. It’s always been a mystery to me how Hartlepool never produced an Olympic sprinter the amount of practice you used to get.
Logon or register to see this image

Last edited by a moderator:
Phew first can of morning

Now that's how the national anthems should be sung

Nee daft opera singers signing too high for the crowd

Haway England

Stuff the sheep shaggers

I rest my case with var in cricket tennis etc

15 seconds over England wicket there

In footy would've taken 15 mins

Is he off side etc

Last edited:
3 only 3 Boycott tales....

Once played golf behind him at some event.
He played that the same speed as he batted, so I thwacked a drive ower his heed :lol: . Not happy but didn’t speed up

During his benefit year he came to the big club my parents ran ( like he did at most) in Wakey to talk & raffle a bat. He was somewhere he shouldn’t have been & my mother telt him off ( in her Easington accent). He gave it the big “ do you know who I am “ she said “No & I don’t care if your the Queen of Sheba, ya shouldn’t be in there” :D

I used to see him reglar in Wakey with someone, always at the Swallow hotel - prob best not to say owt, Ill get a MOD bollocking :oops::rolleyes:
He's an unusual man. His autobiography is surprisingly good. I have only one tale to tell. In the early 70s I went with three mates to see Yorkshire play Essex at Acklam Park. Boycott was given out lbw on 99. He wasn't too happy. At tea, we went to get some autographs. One lad ran towards Chris Old, skidded on the grass & crashed into him. Old merely laughed, picked me mate up & signed his programme with a smile. Boycott came stamping over, shouting "bugger off, you lot, you shouldn't even be on t' bloody pitch!" From that day, I despised him, until I read his autobiography many years later, which completely changed my opinion.
Morning Hank morning all?

Cannot wait for CLW to pick up on T_Bone, Dilli, and Wakey conversation later. I can see him hoovering over the keyboard now composing.
Ow, Sis, marra. How's it garn? Still keeping up with your charity gigs?

As much as I'd like to participate, I find myself in a situation where I have twin conflicts of interest. Fust, I'm from Easington, but my mother lives in Hartlepool & I also have relatives living there. Second, my natural instinct is to even up the numbers, but that would mean siding against my fellow brethren, which simply isn't on. Moreover, I've heard passing references to Crimdon Dene, the golf course, The Seagull & scurrilous yet conflicting accounts of whee fled & whee pursued. Deprived of any personal knowledge of such events, I feel unable to usefully add to the highbrow debate. So, with both regret & deep, deep sadness, I feel I must at least attempt to remain neutral. That said, even Blind Willie Purvis or the mythical man on the Clapham omnibus would be doubtless compelled to draw unfavourable conclusions on a rabble of yokels perpetrating ritual asphyxiation of primates in fancy dress*. Hello sailor!

Good afternoon. Neen of that crud, thank you. Another busy day for me, breaking rocks in the hot sun, knocking mare hours off me community service allocation & generally demonstrating to anyone remotely interested that I may have fought the law but the law (ass that it undoubtedly is) most certainly won.

Enjoy yasels. Stay monkey-friendly.

*For the avoidance of doubt & to dispel ambiguity, it was the primate, not the yokels, rigged out in fancy dress on the gibbet.

Last edited:
He's an unusual man. His autobiography is surprisingly good. I have only one tale to tell. In the early 70s I went with three mates to see Yorkshire play Essex at Acklam Park. Boycott was given out lbw on 99. He wasn't too happy. At tea, we went to get some autographs. One lad ran towards Chris Old, skidded on the grass & crashed into him. Old merely laughed, picked me mate up & signed his programme with a smile. Boycott came stamping over, shouting "bugger off, you lot, you shouldn't even be on t' bloody pitch!" From that day, I despised him, until I read his autobiography many years later, which completely changed my opinion.

Ow, Sis, marra. How's it garn? Still keeping up with your charity gigs?

As much as I'd like to participate, I find myself in a situation where I have twin conflicts of interest. Fust, I'm from Easington, but my mother lives in Hartlepool & I also have relatives living there. Second, my natural instinct is to even up the numbers, but that would mean siding against my fellow brethren, which simply isn't on. Moreover, I've heard passing references to Crimdon Dene, the golf course, The Seagull & scurrilous yet conflicting accounts of whee fled & whee pursued. Deprived of any personal knowledge of such events, I feel unable to usefully add to the highbrow debate. So, with both regret & deep, deep sadness, I feel I must at least attempt to remain neutral. That said, even Blind Willie Purvis or the mythical man on the Clapham omnibus would be doubtless compelled to draw unfavourable conclusions on a rabble of yokels perpetrating ritual asphyxiation of primates in fancy dress*. Hello sailor!

Good afternoon. Neen of that crud, thank you. Another busy day for me, breaking rocks in the hot sun, knocking mare hours off me community service allocation & generally demonstrating to anyone remotely interested that I may have fought the law but the law (ass that it undoubtedly is) most certainly won.

Enjoy yasels. Stay monkey-friendly.

*For the avoidance of doubt & to dispel ambiguity, it was the primate, not the yokels, rigged out in fancy dress on the gibbet.
Have you been on the sherry ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back