Joseph Barton esq post match at Sunderland

Was a poor decision though wasnt it, same as the flanagan goal that didnt count against bolton. Both really poor decisions yeah?
Of course but it happens. We had another 90 odd minutes to make sure that anything officials do doesn’t matter. We’ll have no doubt got a decision or 2 in those games thst we won’t have taken advantage of.
The reason we haven’t managed to beat a Joey Barton side isn’t because of officials.

Of course but it happens. We had another 90 odd minutes to make sure that anything officials do doesn’t matter. We’ll have no doubt got a decision or 2 in those games thst we won’t have taken advantage of.
The reason we haven’t managed to beat a Joey Barton side isn’t because of officials.

Yeah we should have taken chances in away game, however we have been on the end of more bad decisions than most this season (at this level) and i do think theres something in lower league refs trying to show they wont he intimidated by our big crowds stadium and they end up giving us fuck all

Ultimately though we need to do enough to win games regardless of the officials as they are shite at this level for all teams

Yeah we should have taken chances in away game, however we have been on the end of more bad decisions than most this season (at this level) and i do think theres something in lower league refs trying to show they wont he intimidated by our big crowds stadium and they end up giving us fuck all

Ultimately though we need to do enough to win games regardless of the officials as they are shite at this level for all teams
I think that’s nonsense tbh. So refs come here to show they aren’t intimated yet in the premier league they bow to the intimidation of the big clubs.
Infamy, infamy, they’ve all got it in for me.

If we ever went to him and offered him a job he’d bite our f***ing hand off so don’t lap up this shite he comes out with.

it’s a shame hes a monumental bell end because he seems to be a canny coach and manager.

I think that’s nonsense tbh. So refs come here to show they aren’t intimated yet in the premier league they bow to the intimidation of the big clubs.
Infamy, infamy, they’ve all got it in for me.

Refs at that level are used to bigger stadiums and ‘big fish’ but down here they arent. Im not saying its all refs or that they have it in for us but i do think it affects some of them

Refs at that level are used to bigger stadiums and ‘big fish’ but down here they arent. Im not saying its all refs or that they have it in for us but i do think it affects some of them
But the decisions mentioned in this instance were both away from home.
I guarantee that every fan thinks refs have it in for them. Man United would be a side who many would say benefitted from refs down the years yet if wager Fergie would disagree!

But the decisions mentioned in this instance were both away from home.
I guarantee that every fan thinks refs have it in for them. Man United would be a side who many would say benefitted from refs down the years yet if wager Fergie would disagree!

Which decisions? I mentioned 2, 1 of which was home against bolton. Again I havent said refs have it in for us, i think its a mix between them being poor (for all teams) at this level and some not being able to handle games properly because if the crowd / stadium

Most down here will never have reffed a game with anywhere near 30k in the crowd

Which decisions? I mentioned 2, 1 of which was home against bolton. Again I havent said refs have it in for us, i think its a mix between them being poor (for all teams) at this level and some not being able to handle games properly because if the crowd / stadium

Most down here will never have reffed a game with anywhere near 30k in the crowd
I thought you meant away to Bolton. We had a poor one down there iirc.
We also had one in our favour when maguires play acting got a bloke sent off against Bristol Rovers.

I agree. Its because they are a good side with players that are as good as ours. People shouldn't get taken in by 'little Fleetwood' in terms of their ability to spend money in attracting players they are a match for anyone in the league.

What decision was that? It was a clear red card, maguire committed no offence
Maguire went down like he’d been shot man. Of course the lad had a nibble but there was no need for the reaction. Maguire cheats constantly. Don’t get me wrong the ends may justify the means but let’s not get all indignant when it happens to us that’s all.
I agree. Its because they are a good side with players that are as good as ours. People shouldn't get taken in by 'little Fleetwood' in terms of their ability to spend money in attracting players they are a match for anyone in the league.
It’s down to very poor management that a side with their resources are on a par with us mind.

Maguire went down like he’d been shot man. Of course the lad had a nibble but there was no need for the reaction. Maguire cheats constantly. Don’t get me wrong the ends may justify the means but let’s not get all indignant when it happens to us that’s all.

Yeah he did but what did the ref actually get wrong? It was a red card and maguire committed no offence. What went in our favour in this instance? If the shoe was in the foot would you have said maguire was unlucky to be sent off and a decision had gone against us?

It’s down to very poor management that a side with their resources are on a par with us mind.

Poor management over a number of years I agree. However they are pretty much on a level playing field with us now. They have a bit of money and can go out and spend fees and attract players that we can't. It's no use people getting all snobby because we won loads of titles in the late 1800/early 1900s and and FA Cup 47 years ago and blaming the current management and players for not being able to beat them. Currently they are our equals.

Yeah he did but what did the ref actually get wrong? It was a red card and maguire committed no offence. What went in our favour in this instance? If the shoe was in the foot would you have said maguire was unlucky to be sent off and a decision had gone against us?
I don’t think he’d have been sent off if Maguire didn’t react as he did.
I’d have said exactly the same. I’d have slated the lad for over reacting and Maguire for petulance.
Poor management over a number of years I agree. However they are pretty much on a level playing field with us now. They have a bit of money and can go out and spend fees and attract players that we can't. It's no use people getting all snobby because we won loads of titles in the late 1800/early 1900s and and FA Cup 47 years ago and blaming the current management and players for not being able to beat them. Currently they are our equals.
Don’t agree with that mind.

Well, football is about defence and attack. Really, I never thought that we looked like scoring. They also gave the ball away less than us.
Well that’s easy when you only have 30% possession and you mainly have the ball in safe areas.
When you’re having to force the game all the time more risks are took and it’s easier to lose possession .

I don’t think he’d have been sent off if Maguire didn’t react as he did.
I’d have said exactly the same. I’d have slated the lad for over reacting and Maguire for petulance.

Don’t agree with that mind.

Actually reading my post back I agree. In terms of attracting players and paying loan fees and wages they are top end but i did over egg it.

Actually reading my post back I agree. In terms of attracting players and paying loan fees and wages they are top end but i did over egg it.
Certainly last season (and still probably in terms of budget/wages etc) we are at the top of that top end imo which is why I so damning of Ross failure to get us up last season.
As ever though mate debating/discussing with you is always enjoyable. No abuse or pettiness which is always refreshing.

Obvious envy ffs man!
So when we are a big club in a league (League 1) the refs go against us. When we are a pisspot club (premier league) then the refs still go against us.
Behave yaself man.

Your words are written down, nothing to twist. I’m merely pointing out the folly of those words.
You just made that up to suit your argument. Add to envy, the ref's "big day out at the Sol".

Back