Jose Mourinho

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think it’s all his doing, the more I think about I think Pochettino was very fortunate at Spurs. Alli and Kane were revelations which no one foresaw. They’ve been largely poor through the whole of 2019 and into this year. It’s the biggest summer of JM’s career. If he can get the players in to build the squad he wants and has relative success the his reputation as a ‘special one’ could be rekindled. He’s already fell out with players at Spurs. The likes of Alli are sulking too, off topic, but has a player ever declined as rapidly as Alli ?

No longer a guarantee titles will follow his appointment. Man Utd clearly showed that. And if you cant get Man Utd to challenge the teams now moving the game on because you are wedded to outdated systems you have no chance at Spurs. The money he spent at Old Trafford will never be available at Spurs. And it still was nowhere near enough.

No longer a guarantee titles will follow his appointment. Man Utd clearly showed that. And if you cant get Man Utd to challenge the teams now moving the game on because you are wedded to outdated systems you have no chance at Spurs. The money he spent at Old Trafford will never be available at Spurs. And it still was nowhere near enough.
To be fair he won "three" trophies in his first season at United and they finished a close 2nd the following season.

To be fair he won "three" trophies in his first season at United and they finished a close 2nd the following season.

Plenty of Man Utd managers get sacked for winning minor trophies. Not minor to most clubs. But minor to them. Man Utd were 19 points behind Man City in second place. Your definition of close is interesting. And misleading.

Plenty of Man Utd managers get sacked for winning minor trophies. Not minor to most clubs. But minor to them. Man Utd were 19 points behind Man City in second place. Your definition of close is interesting. And misleading.
:lol: Was it that many? For some reason I thought it was closer than that.

I don’t think it’s all his doing, the more I think about I think Pochettino was very fortunate at Spurs. Alli and Kane were revelations which no one foresaw. They’ve been largely poor through the whole of 2019 and into this year. It’s the biggest summer of JM’s career. If he can get the players in to build the squad he wants and has relative success the his reputation as a ‘special one’ could be rekindled. He’s already fell out with players at Spurs. The likes of Alli are sulking too, off topic, but has a player ever declined as rapidly as Alli ?
Sorry, what?

you know he got them to the Champions League final, spending very little relatively?

Sorry, what?

you know he got them to the Champions League final, spending very little relatively?
Run their luck massively. In the second half of the 2018-2019 think they were 15th or 16th in points acquired. Went a hell of a long time without an away win too, that poor form particularly pitiful away form ran into this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back