Jordan Henderson

Probably already been mentioned but this is a brilliant podcast with Henderson. Covers his Sunderland days briefly and Keane as well. What an intelligent and grounded bloke he is. From listening to that it's no accident at all that hes become a Champions League winning captain, pure determination and hard work. Anyway, the podcast:

Cannot feel prouder to have gone to Farringdon school now like.

What an absolute legacy he's leaving behind, not just for Farra but the whole city.

Champions League Winner
World Club Cup Winner
FIFA World Cup Semi-finalist

Now he just needs to top this up with the Premier League! Legend!

I'd hardly say he's leaving a legacy for the city, mind. He's not doing all this with Sunderland!

Pretty sure Liverpool are the 1st team to hold all 3 at the same time. As such, I assume he's the first captain to lift them all in the same season.

Some man for one man is Jordan. 🙂

Barcelona did it in the Pep years. Won every competition they entered.

I must admit I didn't want him to leave Sunderland but when they were offered £20m I said sell sell sell. I never thowt he'd be as good as he became.

Cannot feel prouder to have gone to Farringdon school now like.

What an absolute legacy he's leaving behind, not just for Farra but the whole city.

Champions League Winner
World Club Cup Winner
FIFA World Cup Semi-finalist

Now he just needs to top this up with the Premier League! Legend!
How is he leaving a legacy for the ciry 😂😂😂

I didn’t see it at first. But my god. What a player. Most underrated in the league this year, possibly in the Prem ever. He’s player of the year for me. Scholes >Hendo>Gerrard>Lampard
Experts on here claimed he only passed it sideways and backwards

i was one. I was f***ing brain dead. Sure I made a post saying colback was better hahaha.

Last edited:
i was one. I was f***ing brain dead. Sure I made a post saying colback was better hahaha.
I'll hold my hand up too. I couldnt get my head around why he was keeping Zenden out of the team. Mind you, he was far from the finished article here. You could tell he had something else, and he could run all day. But I thought he lacked the confidence to really impose himself on games, which comes with maturity. I thought he looked panicked defensively and lacking physicality. Colback had a bigger impact for us when he played and I still maintain that Henderson shouldn't have been picked over Zenden. There was a period where Bruce had him playing 90 mins no matter what.

Klopp loves him, some honour to be captain of this Liverpool team mind

Suffered a little when taking the captaincy from gerrard, but looks set to eclipse Gerard's achievements with a perm title sometime late march / early April.

I'll hold my hand up too. I couldnt get my head around why he was keeping Zenden out of the team. Mind you, he was far from the finished article here. You could tell he had something else, and he could run all day. But I thought he lacked the confidence to really impose himself on games, which comes with maturity. I thought he looked panicked defensively and lacking physicality. Colback had a bigger impact for us when he played and I still maintain that Henderson shouldn't have been picked over Zenden. There was a period where Bruce had him playing 90 mins no matter what.

i honestly couldn’t see it mate, thought Bruce stuck him on set pieces to fluff his stats and inflate his price. Thought he was just an energy, effort, close down, 110% player that was hyped for being british.I was told I was wrong 100 times like. Positional sense, tactical understanding, reading of the game, influence. He has it all for a CM. A remarkably intelligent CM. Strange because I’m usually right about players. He’s a great example of natural ability blossoming at a late age I suppose. Champions league, premier league, WorldCup Semi Finalist and god knows what else. England haven’t ever produced many better.

i honestly couldn’t see it mate, thought Bruce stuck him on set pieces to fluff his stats and inflate his price. Thought he was just an energy, effort, close down, 110% player that was hyped for being british.I was told I was wrong 100 times like. Positional sense, tactical understanding, reading of the game, influence. He has it all for a CM. A remarkably intelligent CM. Strange because I’m usually right about players. He’s a great example of natural ability blossoming at a late age I suppose. Champions league, premier league, WorldCup Semi Finalist and god knows what else. England haven’t ever produced many better.

I can't remember who it was against at home but he was doing this thing where the other team was running at him, he was sticking his arms out by his side, then sidestepping and letting the player past. Just allowing them through. It was happening time and time again and Bruce was doing nowt about it like he was afraid of upsetting his wonder kid. The other team had him sussed and we were rightly getting carved apart through the centre. It coincided with our post Christmas slump and I remember screaming at him to just stand his f***ing ground.

The SMB was polarised about him at the time, so we weren't alone mate, short memories on here. That being said I'm delighted for Henderson and all he's achieved, I'm also a Farra school lad. He clearly needed some strong influences around him to pick him up on the little fhings. Staying here might have knackered him altogether.

Last edited:
there was always sumat about him iirc mate, confident, a talker on the pitch, stood up for hisel even as a bairn. saw him for the first time in amsterdam pre-season after his coventry stint. well deserved garlands he's receiving these days imo

Back