WMS JOINT STATEMENT RE: STEWART DONALD’S DECISION TO PLACE SUNDERLAND AFC UP FOR SALE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair play to them for bringing SD into question with that boxing day statement. The drivel that was put up on the club website in response confirmed to me that this guy is not the man to take us forward.

Funny looking back now at bob Murray and the grief he got at times. He always acted professionally. The programme notes or local media or club website when it was invented in the latter part of his time never had him bleating like a lost lamb.

Really? You don’t think ‘fans’ hounding out the owners who in reality have steadied a sinking ship makes us look difficult?
Investors will only invest if they're gonna make money. They'll only make money if things are going well. If things are going well nobody's going to be hounded out.

I could just as easily say the opposite and point to fans expectations being higher than having their club sat mid table in League One (and all the rest) as a reason a Steve Dale or Ken Anderson might be put off.

Fair play to them for bringing SD into question with that boxing day statement. The drivel that was put up on the club website in response confirmed to me that this guy is not the man to take us forward.

Funny looking back now at bob Murray and the grief he got at times. He always acted professionally. The programme notes or local media or club website when it was invented in the latter part of his time never had him bleating like a lost lamb.
I'm surprised that we've heard nothing from Bob Murray really, I'd have thought he would have some interesting views about what's going on at the club.

I'm surprised that we've heard nothing from Bob Murray really, I'd have thought he would have some interesting views about what's going on at the club.
He spoke at an awards do at the stadium a couple of month ago. With Methven sat about five foot away he said owners who are trying to sell a club aren't committed to running a club.

To be fair, the bloke speaks from experience.

They need to shut up now tbh, not issue more statements where they conflate their organisations with SAFC supporters. If they really had to issue another statement (they didn't) they could have clarified who they were speaking for. The fact that they didn't do that reflects really badly on them IMO. Their groups aren't interchangeable with SAFC supporters.

Aye mate the issue is why they were blowing smoke up his arse for an extended period and then suddenly went nuclear. Either we all don't know something or they have behaved like self important nobs, time will tell eh.

It did seem to go from one extreme to the other with very little between, unless calling out owners is usual behaviour when a team is losing?

I would suggest it is the manager that gets called out on those occasions. Everything else has been going on since the start, doing it on the cheap, hiring people unqualified in important positions, never the same answer twice especially on finances.

I wonder if part of the fanzines problem is they have realised they were being played/used to a certain extent. Which was evident in him saying he wasnt doing fanzines for a while to the one with a bloke who might push him on a few things and then asking to go on another the next day.

Unless they know more than they are saying?

Think Bob was less than complimentary about them from the start?

Last edited:
It did seem to go from one extreme to the other with very little between, unless calling out owners is usual behaviour when a team is losing?

I would suggest it is the manager that gets called out on those occasions. Everything else has been going on since the start, doing it on the cheap, hiring people unqualified in important positions, never the same answer twice especially on finances.

I wonder if part of the fanzines problem is they have realised they were being played/used to a certain extent. Which was evident in him saying he wasnt doing fanzines for a while to the one with a bloke who might push him on a few things and then asking to go on another the next day.

Unless they know more than they are saying?

Think Bob was less than complimentary about them from the start?

They keep saying there is more to it but never share. Same as these block minutes from the RAWA meeting etc. Plenty of conspiracy but nothing ever put forward

To be fair, they couldn’t really ask for the owner to sell up, them completely ignore a response in which he said he will.
They could’ve easily resorted tit for tat, and went through the club’s statement pulling him for multiple contradictions/fan blaming, but thankfully it was short and to the point.
Hopefully that’s it now for statements though, and everyone pulls together behind the team.
Were you contacted at all before the statement was released? Not necessarily for the wording, just a heads up that it was coming.

They keep saying there is more to it but never share. Same as these block minutes from the RAWA meeting etc. Plenty of conspiracy but nothing ever put forward

I haven't read or heard them say that. Pathetic if they have as it is either bullshit or some kind of superiority complex.

Why do you have to tell a bloke who we all know is trying to sell that it's time he tried to sell? He isn't going to suddenly accept less or find a buyer on the back of that statement is he? If he could he would be gone.

There were numerous polls. You're never going to poll all of the fans. Whilst their delivery can be questioned, they took action in response to fan pressure and general feeling concerning the running of the club. Many are backtracking now following an upturn in results.

Those backtracking are just highlighting how ill conceived the whole statement was. Winning a couple of games should not change opinion on if the owner is the right owner.
Were there where? Twitter, here?

Apart from RAWA who has members ALS, RR, WMS? Members of RAWA have already stated there were not asked!

I dont like CM , I think he is a Billy bull shitter, SD iv said for months since the takeover, loan, investment that he needs to put up or shut up. For me he shut up! I dont agree with the choice of PP to the point I lost interest in going with the performances. Did I want PP gone? yes, do I now? Not sure but changing the board now when we are trying to attract players is silly. We all know the club was always for sale so bit of a pointless exercise which gives SD his excuses for not getting the players in and it has devided the fan base.

Simple as this. Fans playing at politics with people who do it for a living.

Last edited:
Reactions: Red

Minutes have to be signed off by all parties. Which party did not sign off the minutes? How can that be RAWA’s fault? It’s not a conspiracy theory is it?

Those backtracking are just highlighting how ill conceived the whole statement was. Winning a couple of games should not change opinion on if the owner is the right owner.

Simple as this. Fans playing at politics with people who do it for a living.

Who do it for a living? You wouldn't think so.

Minutes have to be signed off by all parties. Which party did not sign off the minutes? How can that be RAWA’s fault? It’s not a conspiracy theory is it?

So they can't legally share them without being signed off by all parties?

Plenty of comments from fanzines saying things like 'tip of the iceberg' what we know etc, but they share nothing else.

Absolutely embarrassing this whole thing now, laughing at that lot up the road for years and the only difference between us and them is that we've used the internet instead of a badly constructed bedsheet

And the difference where they were twisting when they were mid-table in the Premier League, while we were twisting at being 15th in League 1 and without a pot to piss in. Hope that helps.

So they can't legally share them without being signed off by all parties?

Plenty of comments from fanzines saying things like 'tip of the iceberg' what we know etc, but they share nothing else.

Well, i guess they could legally share them. But the rules of engagement agreed by both parties would be breached, which doesn’t bode well moving forward in terms of constructive dialogue.

Rather than question why RAWA won’t release them, why not question why all parties would not sign the minutes off? Does that not concern you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back