WMS JOINT STATEMENT RE: STEWART DONALD’S DECISION TO PLACE SUNDERLAND AFC UP FOR SALE

Well, i guess they could legally share them. But the rules of engagement agreed by both parties would be breached, which doesn’t bode well moving forward in terms of constructive dialogue.

Rather than question why RAWA won’t release them, why not question why all parties would not sign the minutes off? Does that not concern you?

Of course it concerns me but I have no way of getting SD to sign those off.

Do you honestly think there will be constructive dialogue between RAWA and SD now? They could at least share them to the fans. I however suspect there isn't anything major in them which is why they haven't.

Well done on ignoring the other point by the way. Happy for you to share the rest of the iceberg to us regular fans whenever you deem it fit.

Who do it for a living? You wouldn't think so.

i agree they were seen through very quickly, by others much sooner than me, i must add. Smoke and mirrors stuff. All the initial statement did was allow them to blame the fans and avoid their obligations(including investing in the team). They were going to sell when it suited them anyway. Frankly they still will sell when it suits them.... but if it’s to a cowboy you know who’s fault it will be.

Of course it concerns me but I have no way of getting SD to sign those off.

Do you honestly think there will be constructive dialogue between RAWA and SD now? They could at least share them to the fans. I however suspect there isn't anything major in them which is why they haven't.

Well done on ignoring the other point by the way. Happy for you to share the rest of the iceberg to us regular fans whenever you deem it fit.

If you suspect there is nothing major, any thoughts on why SD would not want them public?

Pointless and pathetic statement which makes the 4 fan groups involved look like plonkers.

Stewart Donald is getting grief and rightly so yet the 4 groups involved have shown that they aren't sensible enough to represent the fanbase.

All of these podcasts and meetings they have done/had with people connected to the club have totally gone to their head which has led them to feel more important than they actually are.

Really? You don’t think ‘fans’ hounding out the owners who in reality have steadied a sinking ship makes us look difficult?
:lol::lol: Wow so much to unpack with this statement; you question whether people who devote so much of their time to SAFC related activities are actually fans, you claim asking an owner, who only bought the club to sell it, to hurry up and sell before he causes more damage to our club as 'hounding out' and then you claim he 'steadied a sinking ship' when we're in the worst shape we've ever been in our entire history and only getting worse thanks to the group of amateurs attempting to run our club. Are you on glue?

If SD is what they says he is, then I really worry about being sold to any bidder at the right level who comes along. The Sunderland AFC soap opera continues.

Last edited:
Minutes have to be signed off by all parties. Which party did not sign off the minutes? How can that be RAWA’s fault? It’s not a conspiracy theory is it?
Ok then i'll bite.

Which party wouldn't sign them off and do you have any idea why.

Seems to me like the bloody fanzines and everyone else involved are less open than the owners tbh.

Ooh, we know something but we can't share because otherwise the person we know something about won't share anything with us in the future. Don't trust the owners because they're lying chancers but believe us but we can't tell you why. FFS

Ok then i'll bite.

Which party wouldn't sign them off and do you have any idea why.

Seems to me like the bloody fanzines and everyone else involved are less open than the owners tbh.

Ooh, we know something but we can't share because otherwise the person we know something about won't share anything with us in the future. Don't trust the owners because they're lying chancers but believe us but we can't tell you why. FFS

Don’t punch down. Punch up.

Any Sunderland fan that tries to do anything out of the ordinary seems to get pelters.
Put out a free podcast?
It's shite, who do they think they are.
Sort out some flags for the roker end?
They look shite, who do they think they are?
Hold an owner to task for his lies?
Burn them.

I don't get how a fan can hate fellow fans who love their club and try and improve things, yet side with 2 liars trying to profit from it.

Any Sunderland fan that tries to do anything out of the ordinary seems to get pelters.
Put out a free podcast?
It's shite, who do they think they are.
Sort out some flags for the roker end?
They look shite, who do they think they are?
Hold an owner to task for his lies?
Burn them.

I don't get how a fan can hate fellow fans who love their club and try and improve things, yet side with 2 liars trying to profit from it.

The thing is life's not as black and white as that. It isn't about 'siding' with people or 'hating' people.

Personally, I think the podcasts are really good and I subscribe to both of them. They're a good listen. I think Roker Report is a decent read, on the whole. I think the flags are a big improvement, and the people who sorted them did a great job. I think the owner is a chancer who should fuck off asap, and should be taken to task. He should have been from far earlier than he was.

I also think it was a bad move for a member organisation to flip from apparently completely supportive of the owners, to #donaldout, without any escalation or consultation. I also think that this week's willy waving contest between the owners and the fanzines has been absolutely pathetic on both sides, is damaging to the club, and I think both sides are now more interested in winning an argument or getting the last word than they are about the effect this is having on SAFC (in an important week).

This is why engagement shouldn't be on the basis of 'representation' by a group, most of whom originally appointed themselves. It shouldn't be about wankers like Sam Wise, or branch chairmen who are in the pockets of the club. It should be on the basis of engagement with ALL fans. Otherwise, politics and pride and ego always overtakes the best interests of the organisation at some point.

As a slight aside to this topic and whether you are Donald in or Donald out person the joint statement released had forced his hand into going public with saying he is selling up and let's all be honest and admit if the right offer came in he would have rode out of town as quickly as he rode in.
We are currently a League One club whether we like it or not and we are just as likely to be bought by another Stewart Donald led group as not.
Do those who want him to go think that all of a sudden a billionaire will come in and start throwing money around like confetti because I just can't see it happening.

:lol::lol: Wow so much to unpack with this statement; you question whether people who devote so much of their time to SAFC related activities are actually fans, you claim asking an owner, who only bought the club to sell it, to hurry up and sell before he causes more damage to our club as 'hounding out' and then you claim he 'steadied a sinking ship' when we're in the worst shape we've ever been in our entire history and only getting worse thanks to the group of amateurs attempting to run our club. Are you on glue?
There’s also a lot to unpack in what you’ve said. Where’s your evidence the owner only bought to sell? Or is that just highly prejudiced conjecture? Yes, we were bleeding money and he’s stopped that, steadied a sinking ship. We had just had back to back relegations man the finances would have been crippled! Use your brain! How is it only getting worse? Are we not on a decent run of form and climbing the table?

Back