Joint accounts or separate accounts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Can't even treat your lass to owt either. Here's a nice bunch of flowers you paid for babes. X

That’s the bit I struggle with. I can see it makes things easier in many ways but must need a fair amount of discipline and I do like both the independence of my own account and being able to treat the wife.
Was talking to a mate at work about this a few months ago and they have a joint account for everything and he said after pay day it’s a race to spend the money to make sure they both get a little something for themselves and they both feel the other one is overspending. :lol:

No generalisation at all, clearly works for some people, just can't wrap my head around it - I think I'm just a bit more independent and value having a degree of financial separation. I wouldn't really want to be checking in with someone and wouldn't want her to either - if you want to spend £75 on some moisturiser and have the cash, crack on pet.

Just out of interest, how detailed are your itemised statements mate? :lol:

Not sure have complete trust in my wife,I am lucky that way, she is the type who tells restaurants and shops when we are undercharged.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back