John Prine RIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny how nobody mentioned him before he died, yet everyone has been Googling and now he’s an SMB Legend!
🤣🤷‍♂️😟😂

Funny how nobody mentioned him before he died, yet everyone has been Googling and now he’s an SMB Legend!
🤣🤷‍♂️😟😂
Not many start off music threads on here. Most music related posts are replies on threads and if an artist or genre isn’t the subject of the OP it’s highly unlikely theyre gonna be mentioned. Only country/Americana fans or total music obsessives would’ve heard of him. He wasn’t a big seller over here.
I only really know half a dozen songs but know he was a very good songwriter. He chose to work in the countryish style which only has limited interest to me. For years I used to confuse him with John Hiatt anyway which won’t have helped.

He was on a 19/11d Atlantic sampler LP years ago.

Sam Stone ( came home).Good song,underrated was John

Great sampler that, had Loudon's 'Motel Blues' on anarl, and 2 really rare tracks, Yes doing 'America' and Zep doing 'Hey Hey, What Can I Do? '.

Saw John in the acoustic tent at Glastonbury, early 90s. Love the 2 duets albums in particular.

Great sampler that, had Loudon's 'Motel Blues' on anarl, and 2 really rare tracks, Yes doing 'America' and Zep doing 'Hey Hey, What Can I Do? '.

Saw John in the acoustic tent at Glastonbury, early 90s. Love the 2 duets albums in particular.

Yea,there was two of them,one in old money and one at 99p.Age of Atlantic 1and 2.

John Prine was the first track on one of them.Yes was the last track on one of them.

Can't remember which is which now,I had both of them.Possibly there was more that I never saw.

One had Communication Breakdown ( Zep ),and Coming Home ( Delaney and Bonnie and friends,I E Clapton),I think that was the 99p album.
Took me years to realise that America was the S + G track .

Chrysalis double sampler was good.Lindisfarne,Rare Bird,Spam song,Audience and others that I forget now.

The cheap label from PYE had some Status Quo LPs.Marble Arch label,14/6d.Status Quo were right out of fashion,songs like Ice in the sun,are you growing tired of my love,black veils of melancholy,green tambourine etc.Status Quo fanatic down here says those 2 or 3 Quo LPs are worth a few shillings now.

Reactions: GTG
I've had John Prine songs going round in my head for the last few days now. I had a lot of his stuff on CD so had somehow stopped listening to it for the past few years. He could make you laugh and cry with a single line in a song.

Yea,there was two of them,one in old money and one at 99p.Age of Atlantic 1and 2.

John Prine was the first track on one of them.Yes was the last track on one of them.

Can't remember which is which now,I had both of them.Possibly there was more that I never saw.

One had Communication Breakdown ( Zep ),and Coming Home ( Delaney and Bonnie and friends,I E Clapton),I think that was the 99p album.
Took me years to realise that America was the S + G track .

Chrysalis double sampler was good.Lindisfarne,Rare Bird,Spam song,Audience and others that I forget now.

The cheap label from PYE had some Status Quo LPs.Marble Arch label,14/6d.Status Quo were right out of fashion,songs like Ice in the sun,are you growing tired of my love,black veils of melancholy,green tambourine etc.Status Quo fanatic down here says those 2 or 3 Quo LPs are worth a few shillings now.

Used to love a good double sampler! Bumpers on Island, Picnic on Harvest, Fill Your Head With Rock on CBS, All Good Clean Fun on UA/Liberty, they were a really good way to explore and discover new music in the days before there were any other options. Found, and then bought, some of my favourite albums through those samplers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back